Thanksgiving Day 2

Emerald's POV

"I'll get it," I heard someone yell as the door flung open revealing an older version of Blake. "You must be Emerald, I'm Mrs. Livingston! Come in," she said as she pulled me into a hug. I awkwardly hugged her back as Blake rounded the corner.

"Mom, let her go," Blake said as she rolled her eyes. "Whatever Blakey Pooh! It was nice meeting you Emerald but I'm going to fix myself another drink! You girlies have fun," Mrs. Livingston said as she slightly stumbled towards the kitchen. 'Maybe you should slow down with the drinking,' Blake yelled after her mother, who simply waved her off yelling, "wine is good for the heart!"

"Blakey Pooh, seriously," I said as I pulled her into a hug and laughed at her embarrassing nickname.  'Don't make me hurt you Greene," she said as I began to introduce her to Red. "Hey, Blake this is my best friend Ruby," I said as Blake shook her hand. 'Nice to meet you Ruby,' she said as she waved towards Lacy and beckoned us to follow. "Where's Ivy," I asked as she smirked at me. "She's in the garden with Amy, Troy and Mercedes, we were all reminiscing on this year as we waited for dinner to be served. Care to join us," Blake said as we all reached the garden.

My breath literally hitched as I spotted Ivy. She strolled towards us in a white floral long sleeved dress. I swallowed hard as I checked her out. It wasn't until Ivy reached us and Red pulled her into a hug, that I nearly lost my mind. "Ruby, you made it," Ivy said as her arms flew around her neck. 'Yeah, I di...' Red began but was cut off as I asked, "wait! do you two know each other??"

There was silence, silence, and more silence. "So are either of you gonna speak,' I said as I rolled my eyes and placed my hands on my hips. 'Uh, this is the girl from the club. The girl I've been hanging out with for the past two weeks. You know the one I've been telling you about,' Red said as she smirked. My nostrils flared as images of Ivy grinding up on the mystery girl ( who I just learned was my best friend) at the club flooded my mind. I clenched my fist as I looked at Ivy who was trying her hardest to not make eye contact with me. I know I had no right to be mad because I've been practically gallivanting around with Lacy. Its just I was jealous and I felt hurt. Now, I know Ivy didn't know Ruby was my best friend but seeing them hugged up still made me feel some type of way.

Finally, Ivy spoke, "Wait, how do you two know each other?" she asked as she looked at us. I crossed my arms, 'she's my best friend!' I stated as Ivy eyes widened and she stepped away from Ruby. "Em, I di..." she was cut off as Mrs. Livingston shouted, "Dinner's ready my little gobble monsters!"

'Could she get any more embarrassing,' Blake said as she buried her head into Mercedes neck and they both quickly made their way inside the house away from this awkward conversation. I sighed and began to walk off but Ivy grabbed my wrist, I yanked my arm away from her as I rolled my eyes and stormed off with Lacy in pursuit. 

Ivy's POV 

Finally, after several moments of awkward silence I spoke, "Wait, how do you two know each other?" I was honestly curious, I just figured they both just happened to arrive at the same time. I watched as Emerald glared at me and crossed her arms, before stating, 'she's my best friend!' My eyes widened as I immediately stepped away from Ruby. "Em. I di..." I was cut off as Mrs. L shouted, "Dinner's ready my little gobble monsters!" Blake sent me a sympathetic smile before whispering 'Could she get any more embarrassing.' I watched as Blake buried her head into Mercedes neck and wrapped her arms around her waist as they nearly ran towards the house.

Emerald gave me one more disappointed look before she began to walk off but I grabbed her wrist, only to have her yanked her arm away from me. She rolled her eyes and stormed off with Lacy hot in pursuit. Tory gave me a sympathetic smile as he grabbed Amy's hand, 'give her some time to calm down,' Amy said as she and Troy headed inside. "Then there was just two," Ruby said as she awkwardly rubbed her neck. 'Does she know I didn't know you were friends! Hell, I didn't even know you knew she existed. Gosh, she is so pissed," I said as I rubbed my temples.