★Blake Livingston★

★Emerald POV★

I hate being the new kid. Everyone literally stares at you and they don't even hide the fact that they are practically eye raping you and constantly talking about you. I walked into homeroom and was immediately greeted by a lady; who I assumed was the teacher. "Morning sweety, I'm Ms. Mitchell and welcome to Madison Prep," she said with a friendly smile. I politely smiled back. "Hi, I'm Emerald Greene." Welcome take a seat anywhere and I hope you enjoy your time at Madison Prep, she replied.

I sent her a warm smile before making my way to a seat in the back next to a boy who looked like he ate, slept, and breathed steroids. To say it was a scary sight was an understatement. Since I had no interest in making friends with the incredible hulk. I simply slide my beat headphones over my ears and let drake voice boom through the speakers. About 25 minutes later the bell rang, signaling it was time for first period. I stood by my homeroom door waiting for Ivy to show up.

"Hi, Emerald is it?" I nodded my head as a blonde haired blue eyed girl introduced herself. "Well, welcome to Madison Prep cutie, I'm Blake... Blake Livingston and Ivy tasked me with showing you to your classes today. So consider me your personal tour guide. So I heard your from New York...I go there all the time for New York Fashion week. How do you know Ivy..she's my best friend has been since our diaper days.... Oh, and I'm so so sorry about the water balloon thing Ivy can get a little cray cray when she feels threatened or disrespected. Besides, you were kinda a huge bitch to her at the party; but I thought it was totally bad ass and H.O.T- HOT!!! Well anyway, we have all day to talk, let's see your schedule."

Finally, after she stopped rambling on and on she inhaled a long breath and stares at me, Wow, this girl is bubbly, I thought as I handed her my schedule. "Looks like we have every class together," she said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me down the hall. "Oh, how fucking great!" I thought as I allowed myself to be pulled down the hall.

Our first class was AP History, a subject I truly hated. I mostly spent my time doodle as the teacher went on and on about the civil war. The main topic of the class discussion was the Battle of Gettysburg

The bloodiest battle of the Civil War..and blah blah blah. Kill me now, I thought as I watched the clock tick. Finally, after an excruciating 55 minutes the bell finally rang. Blake politely waited for me at the front of the class. "So did you like Mr. Dupree's class," Blake asked as we walked towards our Advanced chemistry class. "Oh god NO, that was like the worst fifty-five minutes of my life, not to mention he was lying through his teeth the entire time. I don't even know how he became a teacher if he honestly believes the Battle was over freaking shoes! Oh, and did you hear him say Abraham Lincoln finished the Gettysburg Address on the back of an envelope on the way to Gettysburg...like not only is that completely inaccurate the actual copy of the Gettysburg address is in the freaking Library of Congress and is written on a stationary."

After my little outburst, I looked up to find a Blake smirking at me. "What," I asked as we walked into the Chem lab. She laughed before replying, "Oh, nothing, I just thought I was the only nerd who realized that." I chuckled before taking a seat next to her.

Lucky for me, I didn't have too much to catch up on since they were just getting started on a new lab. Blake and I naturally decided to be partners and the more time we spent together the more I was actually starting to like her. She was like me in so many ways. We both were certified geeks and proud of it. She loved music, writing, reading and not to mention she was kind, and extremely funny. She still rambled a lot, but she mostly did that when she became excited.

We were in our third hour class which was Honors Music. Blake played the flute and the oboe. I played percussion, all five brass instruments, the piano and the violin. Like I said before music was my passion. I love writing music, playing music, reading music, making music, and mixing music. Our conductor Miss Hood was a bubbly white older lady who could play the piano like Beethoven. She was awesome. After being in class for one hour and fifteenth minutes (since this was our long period) Blake and I headed to every high school students most treasured past time lunch.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N
So sorry for the lack of updates I have been have serious writers block coupled with a busy schedule but I'm back. This was just a filler chapter to introduce a new and important character Blake Livingston aka Ivy's bestie.