☆Ski Trip☆

Ivy's POV

'You girls be careful and Troy you better look after my babies,' Barbz said as she pulled me into a hug. 'Gosh, Barbz it's just for a weekend, we'll be back in no time,' I said as I hugged her back. She sighed, 'I know sweetie, I just worry about you alot,' she replied as she wiped a tear from her face. Aww, Barbz was being a big softy but I understand, this was the first time we were heading to the White Mountain's Sunrise Ski Resort by ourselves and she is having a serious case of separation anxiety.

I pulled out of the hug and kissed Barbz on the cheek. I handed Troy the last bag as I waved bye to Barbz, "Love you and tell Dad I said I love him and i'll see him when we return," I yelled out the window as we all piled into my GMC Acadia. It was a four hour trip and Troy decided he would drive the first two hours and Emerald volunteered to drive the remaining two. The seating arrangement went, Troy and Amy in the front, Blake, Emerald and I sat in the middle. While Ruby, Lacy, and Mercedes took the back seats.

Naturally Blake planned for Emerald and I to sit next to each other and surprisingly neither of us complained. Its been about three weeks since Thanksgiving and we all have been getting along great. Emerald and I didn't really interact with each other much but I constantly caught her starring at me and we did get together for coffee a week after our thanksgiving fiasco.

-----------flashback----------

I was sitting at home in my art room working on a painting, when my phone went off.

Em💔: hey, I'm outside can we talk???

I stared at the message trying to decide what to reply before simply sending a one word reply.

MyIceQueen👑💞: Yeah

I ran to my room and quickly changed into some jeans and a sweater. I grabbed my coat and pulled on my boats. I ran downstairs and out the door. I slowed down and walked towards Emerald's car. She unlocked the door and I hopped in. 'Hi,' she said as she awkwardly looked at me. 'Hi,' I replied as we sat in silence. After about a minute or two of awkward silence Emerald spoke, "um, do you maybe want to join me for coffee so we can um, talk about us," she asked as she ran her hands through her hair. I nodded my head and replied, "sure" as she started the car and headed towards the Steam Room Coffee shop. I smiled as we pulled up to 'our' coffee shop.

Emerald and I use to frequent this coffee shop all the time when we first discovered we had feelings towards each other. It was about a thirty minute ride from our town but the coffee here was worth the drive. Emerald parked the car and hopped out. She jogged to my door and opened it for me. I smiled before replying, 'thanks. She nodded in reply as we both headed towards the coffee shop.

'Welcome to...oh my gosh, it's been a while, you guys want the usual table,' Tori said as she pulled Emerald and I into a hug. 'Sure,' I replied as we both followed her to the table in the back. We both sat down as Tori pulled out her notepad. 'So what can I get you lovely ladies,' she asked as she clicked her pen. 'I'll have a caramel mocha latte with a blueberry muffin,' I said as Emerald ordered a 'Ice coffee and a bagel with cream cheese.' Tori repeated our order and told us she'll be back soon.

'I see she still has that bubbly personality,' I said as I watched her interact with the other guest. Emerald smiled before saying, 'Yeah she's something eles.' I nodded as I played with the sugar packets that were dispersed around the table. 'Sooooo, what did you want to talk about,' I asked as I avoided eye contact with Em. She cleared her throat, 'Uh, I was wondering if we could maybe clear the bad air between us,' she said as I felt her eyes starring at me. I nodded my head, 'Yeah, but I just want you to know that nothing happened between Ruby and I. I actually didn't know you guys knew each other and now that I know you do, I'm actually embarrassed because I said some pretty embarrassing things about you and I... Oh my God, wait did she tell you anything,' I said as my eyes widened.