Thirty Five.

Devils Fire

Athena woke up for a start, her neck hurting with a slight ache and her head pounding from lack of blood

Athena woke up for a start, her neck hurting with a slight ache and her head pounding from lack of blood. She got up and saw the blonde woman she knew as Rebekah and gasped while getting up. "Ah, she lives." She stated with a smile.

"What happened?" She asked and she knelt down to her level.

"You took a beating. My brothers been breaking your neck all afternoon. Quiet the temper." She teased while Athena stumbled across the truck.

"Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls? Get Stefan involved?" She asked and Rebekah smirked.

"You can stop playing dumb now. You told him what he needed to know, remember? The bond forced it out of you." She told her and Athena shook her head.

"I'm not even sure if it was Elena. It could have been Katherine for all I know." She hissed and popped her neck feeling her bones being realigned.

"Stop lying." She hissed and the girl rubbed her shoulders, and she lifted her hand and magic flowed through Rebekah's body as she flew in the air and landed on the ground with a thud. Her neck and spin were broken and Athena jumped out of the truck.

"I'm not lying." She muttered and went towards the school. She stopped to take a breather and she grabbed at her throat in hunger. She hadn't eaten anything in at least three days. She saw students bustling out of the school and the girl grabbed a girl and she placed a finger over her mouth. "Don't make a sound." She mumbled and compelled the person as her body went still.

Athena's eyes darkened to a dark black and gold ember colored around her irises. Her fangs elongated and she pushed them into the girl's flesh, drinking up the blood that was like buried treasure. She drank the warm liquid until she felt the girl's heart beat slow down and her throat wasn't scratchy.

She let go of the girl's body that had went limp and she bit into her rest and gave her some blood. The girl gasped and she started fighting back, only for the girl to compel her. "You're going to go home, and forget this ever happened." She told the girl and she soon started walking off.

Athena sighed and built up her energy to go over and start her attack on Klaus, she could do it. The thing that Damon and Stefan and Elena all wanted. The thing Bonnie could never do, because Athena had more power than Bonnie. She could kill Klaus with a flick of her wrist.

She took a deep breath and stepped into the school as she started chanting. A spell that would keep every supernatural being inside and the girl looked up as she started making her way towards the devil.

She was going to play with fire, and she was willing to allow the fire to burn her, but she knew that burns could heal just like every other wound.

<>•<>•<>•

< Edited >