Thirty Three.

Elena

Athena woke up that morning with an arm around her waist, and she moaned with a slight headache and placed her head into a hard surface

Athena woke up that morning with an arm around her waist, and she moaned with a slight headache and placed her head into a hard surface. She took in a deep breath and a soft scent of alcohol and musk whiffed into her nose. She furrowed her eyebrows and peeled her eyes open. She could see the vision of Klaus smirking at her and his blue eyes were light with happiness. He stroke his hand over her hair and she groaned while pulling her face back into his chest and closed her eyes. "It's too early." She complained and whined while rolling off to the floor and snuggling into the carpet.

"It's not early, it's nine in the morning." He stated slightly confused and the girl hissed.

"It's early. Wake me up at noon." She told him and he chuckled while pulling her off the ground.

"Now, darling I need you to find out what could possibly be wrong with my hybrids." He stated and her eyes widened while she thought about Elena.

Then Damon drifted across her mind, would he come and rescue her, or would he just end back up with loving Elena. She shook her head and Klaus saw the trouble in her head.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked over her. "You know what's wrong don't you?" He asked and the girl shook her head.

"No, Klaus I really don't." She whispered and he could see through her white lie. He pulled her up by her shoulders and she gasped.

"Athena, tell me the truth." He whispered harshly into her ear as she blinked away the tears.

"Klaus I-i-" She stuttered and the girl couldn't get the words to pass and Klaus shook his head.

"When I thought I could trust you." He muttered angrily and he stuck his hand into her chest while she gasped and she let his hand clench around the organ as she sobbed in pain.

Tears started streaming down her face uncontrollably and he shook his head. "I'm sorry Athena, but I don't want to kill you, so tell me the truth or I rip out your heart." He told her truthfully and the girl sobbed.

"E-Elena's alive." She breathed out. Klaus furrowed his eyebrows and took his hand away from her chest as she gasped and swallowed the air into her lungs. Her heart was pounding so loud that she could hear it echoing in her head.

Klaus looked down at her as she kneeled on the floor and he lifted her up. "What do you mean Elena is alive?" He asked mad the girl blinked.

"She-she was up in the mountains looking for us." She muttered to the man while he looked into her eyes and she could see the cloudy blue that reminded her of the ocean on a rain day.

She closed her eyes when she felt Klaus' lips skim over her scar and she sucked in a breath. "I'm sorry, Athen." He stated and his fangs pierced into her skin as she screamed out in pain and passed out from blood loss.

<>•<>•<>•

< Edited >