Twenty Seven.

Broken Bonds

Athena carefully got out of bed and looked over Damon with a dark look in her eyes

Athena carefully got out of bed and looked over Damon with a dark look in her eyes. "I'm sorry." She whispered and kissed his forehead while zooming out and over to Elena who had Elijah in the front seat. She nods her head and he looks at her with slight discomfort.

As they started driving far away from the Salvatore's house, the girl fiddled with her fingers waiting for someone to say something. "You look better." Elena commented, seeing his face now tan again.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asked while Elena sighed.

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Elena stated as Elijah smiled.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed. The only person here I can trust is Athena, and I know that's taking a big risk." He stated while the girl scoffed.

"Elijah, Klaus is here, he's already started something, I can feel it." She stated and Elijah looked at the girl to see her golden hue eyes looking into his.

"Did he get anything from you, like hair, jewelry?" He asked and the girl nods her head.

"He could have, He was possessing a friends body and was at our house. Elijah, what is he planning?" She asked and he sighed.

"He's planning to have his angel back by his side." He told her while she shook her head.

"How?" She asked and he sighed.

"It's a difficult process, lots of ingredients, power, and time." He told her as she grabbed her neck feeling the mark Damon had given her fading. "It's already started hasn't it?" He asked and she looks at him and Elena furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"What's happening?" She asked and Athena sighed.

"The bond that Damon and I have is fading, which means Klaus can have me and make me do whatever he wants." She told Elena and she looks at Athena.

"You love Damon that much?" She asked and Athena nods her head.

"I would do anything for him, but if the mark goes away, I-I don't know how I would feel." She whispered and Elijah sighed.

"You would still feel the same, Damon has you not just because of the bond, but because he helped you in some way." He told the girl while she blinked and the tears go away slightly.

Elena took them to the Lockwood house while the girl sighed and took a seat on the couch and Elijah got cleaned up.

He sat down with them and looked at Elena. "So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us." He questioned in carefully picked out words.

"No. I'm sorry." Elena grieved.

"And Katerina. She would have been released from my compulsion when I died." Elijah told them.

"Klaus took her. We think that she may be dead." Elena stated while Athena raised her hand.

"I don't." She mumbled and Elijah smiled.

"Athena is right, he wouldn't have killed her. He's been on a rampage to find her." He told the girls as Athena smirked.

"I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him." Elena pried.

"I have my own reason for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time I'd do anything for Klaus. Klaus is my brother." Elijah told her and Elena nods her head.

"I heard that. I'm still processing." Elena mumbled as Athena sighed and got up while Elijah sighed.

"I have a question. Lucinda, was she married to Klaus or in love or what?" She asked and Elijah sighed.

"Lucinda is a whole other story." He muttered making the girl furrow her eyebrows.

"Lucinda was turned with us, and over the time she had run along many encounters that lead her to being all three. The angel or whatever you want to call her." Elijah said and Athena crossed her arms.

"The wolves called me a monster, that I wasn't exactly like them." She muttered and Elijah nods his head.

"Because soon you will be turned into a vampire." He told her and she gasped as shock hit her while she tried to process.

"I would be all three?" She asked and Elijah nods his head.

"Born a witch, bite from a werewolf, and blood from a vampire will turn the descendent of god to an angel." He recited and the girl listened. "Lucinda was Klaus' pet sort of speak, she would get jealous at times and come to me to cry on my shoulder, but she knew not to anger him." He told her and she nods her head.

"But what Lucinda did for Katerina was enough to make Klaus angered and he killed her." He whispered while looking out of the window.

Athena knew there had to be more to the story, but she didn't push it. "The reason why Klaus actually loved the girl and was angered by what he did because she was like him." He told them and Elena stopped.

"Wait, he was an angel too?" She asked and Elijah shook his head.

"No, he was a hybrid. A vampire and a werewolf." He told them as Athena took a deep breath.

~

As Damon was angered by the fact he couldn't save Elena or Athena he rushed into his room. Athena sighed and looked to everyone. "I'll talk to him." She whispered and went up stairs and carefully opened the door to see him on the bed, head in his hands.

The girl closed the door and placed her back against it. "Damon." She whispered and he groaned.

"Go away." He mumbled and the girl bit her bottom lip while shaking her head.

"You know I can't do that." She told her while taking a few steps closer. She was pushing her boundaries and she knew it, but she wanted to talk to him.

"You need to leave." He growled and the girl shakes her head.

"Damon, I'm not going to do that." She stated and he ran up to her grabbing her by the face.

"I'm upset, and you know what happens when I'm upset. Leave." He commanded and the girl pushes him away.

"No! I'm not some doll you can toss around!" She yelled and her eyes widened seeing the angered look in his eyes. She took a deep breath and looked to the floor. "It's broken." She mumbled and Damon didn't hear, seeing red and she saw his eyes turn red and he started coming after her as she screamed and pushed him away.

He groaned in pain as the girl opened her eyes and saw claw marks slashed across his chest and she felt tears threatening to fall.

She quickly ran away, not giving him the chance to do anything and she ran. Because that's the only thing she could do.

<>•<>•<>•

< Edited >