Twenty Nine.

Pain

The forest was peaceful, not a sound was happening except the soft chirps of birds and the even breathing of Athena Granger laying naked in the field of grass

The forest was peaceful, not a sound was happening except the soft chirps of birds and the even breathing of Athena Granger laying naked in the field of grass. The sun lit over her eyes as she groaned slightly and woke up in pain as she pulled herself up. Her body cracked as she then heard clothes being placed next to her. "Wear this." A voice stated and the girl rubbed her face and looked over Elijah who had a stolid look in his eyes. The girl furrowed her eyebrows and pulled over the flannel and jeans while tying some boots on her feet.

She popped her neck and rubbed the back of it. "W-what happened?" She asked, her memory slightly fuzzy.

She waited for his answer only to hear footsteps behind her. She froze slightly, feeling her heart beat pick up and she turned around to be captivated with blue eyes. "Klaus." She whispered and he smiled while trailing his eyes over her body.

"Athena, might I say darling, you look gorgeous." He complimented, but the girl just rolled her eyes and stepped closer to Elijah and sighed.

The plan didn't work, Elijah didn't kill Klaus. Did Elena die? If Klaus was a hybrid then it had to be true. Elena is dead. She blinked away the tears as she started walking out of the forest and back to the Quarry and sat down at the edge of the cliff.

She didn't know what to think. She was about to just jump off and hopefully hit a rock and drown, but she knew she couldn't die that way. She looked over to find Klaus sitting next to her, but she just rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Go away." She commanded, but Klaus did the exact opposite and she felt him move closer.

"Soon you won't be able to keep your hands off me." He teased and the girl shuddered at the thought of giving her body to him.

She looked over him and shook her head. "Why would you do this to me?" She asked and waited for an answer, knowing that she might not get one.

She didn't care, but she wanted to know. "Have you ever been alone?" He asked and the girl nods her head.

"My whole life." She said and mumbled her mothers name.

"Well, that's how I felt for over a thousand years." He told her and that's when she felt her heart slightly crumble around her barrier and she scoffed.

Stupid bond, she thought and blew out some air.

"You have Family at least." She stated and poked her finger in his chest. "And I don't because of you. You ruin everything whenever you see someone happy don't you? That's why you killed Lucinda? Because she was happy with Elijah." She told him in anger, not caring about what she said.

His eyes darkened and his chest puffed out while he looked to Elijah who walked away, not wanting to get involved.

"We are leaving by nightfall." He muttered and he got up to walk away, and the girl sighed wishing she could have gone back to her normal ways.

<>•<>•<>•

< Edited >