Eighteen.

Murder At The Ball

Damon handed a glass of cold human blood over to Caroline as Athena crossed her arms over her chest

Damon handed a glass of cold human blood over to Caroline as Athena crossed her arms over her chest. The girl was dragged into the supernatural business of Katherine and was filled on the information of the moonstone. Caroline shook slightly as she laughed nervously. "I'm still shaking." She mumbled and took a gulp of the drink. Stefan walked down the stairs to the living room in confusion. "What happened?" He asked as he took a seat next to Athena.

"Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this." Damon stated and Caroline squirmed in her seat.

"I saw Katherine today." Caroline mumbled in slight fear.

"Where?" Stefan questioned.

"At the grill. I just stopped by to gawk and... quasi-stalk Matt." She stated and rubbed her hands together.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it." Damon stated while Athena glared over him slightly. He smirked and placed his hands over her shoulders, massaging them.

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go, cause I'm a dufus." She scoffed and Athena chuckled.

"What was the message?" Stefan asked and Caroline looked up at him.

"She wants the moonstone or she will rip this town apart until it rains blood." She muttered and Stefan sighed.

"Tell him the rest of it." Damon stated and Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Tonight. At the masquerade ball." She told the group of supernatural beings and Athena sighed.

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." Stefan told them as Athena rolled her eyes.

"No, she is playing you guys. She needs to be stopped." She told the brothers.

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Damon told Stefan and looked down at Athena.

"We can't underestimate her. We have to this smarter than her." Stefan said while pointing to his head and squinting his eyes.

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline said in fear.

"No. Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball, and I'm going to kill her. Tonight." Damon told everyone as Athena shook her head.

"Damon, don't." She seethed and the man rolled his eyes at his friend.

"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan stated and walked over to him.