Family Reunion

Eren and Levi began heading back home as soon as the kids disappeared inside the building. Levi had his phone in his hand and his eyes glued to the screen waiting for a call or a text.

"Levi, they'll be fine," Eren said glancing over and seeing Levi still staring at his phone.

"I know, but still," Levi said before sighing and placing his phone in his pocket, but not before making sure his volume was on, "you're right."

"Aren't I always?" Eren asked with a smug smile.

"As if," Levi scoffed.

"Number 39, number 39," TJ mumbled to himself repeating the apartment number his father said he was at.

"33, 35, 37. Here it is 39," Alex said a little ahead of TJ.

They both stood in front of the door for a minute. They looked at each other and slowly they both nodded at each other. TJ raised his hand knocking on the door. He lowered his hand and brought his hands down and started fiddling with his fingers.

It took a moment but they saw as the door opened quickly and their father appeared in the doorway. "You're here," he said happily almost in disbelief that they actually came. He moved aside and allowed them to come into the nice apartment.

His face changed a few seconds after they got inside. Instead of happy, like he looked a few seconds before, he looked scared. "Shit," he mumbled.

"What?" Alex asked more on edge after witnessing the quick change in his demeanor.

"You guys got here earlier than expected," he mumbled, "your mother is supposed to be dropping by to pick up the divorce papers," he whispered realizing. His face then shot over to the door where he heard an angry sounding knock.

"You guys can hide in the bedroom if you don't want to see her, hell I don't even want to see her, but I don't want to be married to that psychotic bitch anymore," he said picking up the paperwork to hopefully just hand it to her and she leaves immediately.

TJ froze in place for a moment before forcibly moving his feet walking down the hallway and standing just out of sight. Alex insisted on staying in the front room where she could see her so she could tell her off. When they had finished going where they wanted to go the father nodded and opened the door.

"Took you long enough Peter," Evelyn said pushing past him to stand in the house as if she was trying to assert her dominance still. "What were you jacking o-" she stopped talking when she saw Alex standing there.

"Well if it isn't the dyke," she said raising her voice, "is the fag here too?" she asked groaning loudly. "I would say it's a family reunion, but I don't have a family, I don't have any children anymore, they are all dead to me," she said to Alex's face, "my bitch of a husband is leaving me because he sides with the fags," She said to Peter, "and honestly I am hoping you all just die," she said with an enthusiastic tone.

"Good to know I'm finally free from you," Alex yelled, "the hellspawn that ruined my life can finally leave never to be heard from again. Sounds like a fucking dream come true if you ask me," she said with a big smile.

"I didn't ask you," Evelyn said, "no one wants to hear what a big mouth has to say, yet they say it anyways," she sighed.

"Evelyn, what is your problem?" Peter asked disgusted by her comments.

"What's my problem? What's my problem?" She asked raising her voice. "All I wanted was a normal family, but god forbid," she said angrily gesturing her hands.

"We are the normal ones," Alex said crossing her arms, "you were the one who spawned from Satan himself, you ruined everything," She yelled her voice rising, "we are perfectly happy as a family without you!"

"Shut your mouth you whore I can almost smell the vagina you were licking on your breath," she snapped.

"Shut the fuck up!" TJ yelled emerging from the hallway. "Leave Alex alone," he said walking up next to his sister hating the way she was speaking to her.

"Oh, so the fag is here," Evelyn fake cheered.

"I used to love you so much, I used to care about you, why I have no idea because all I see is a horrible person who didn't deserve any of it," TJ said speaking up for once. "I wish you weren't my mom," TJ said to her staring her dead in the eye.

"Well there's something we have in common," she said, his comments not even phasing her. "I mean what mother would want their son to turn out like you?" She asked getting in his face. "I should have suffocated you in your sleep when you were a baby. From the start I had never loved you, I always knew there was something wrong with you," she said poking him in the chest before turning back to Alex. "If I would have known both of you were this messed up I would have just gotten an abortion when I had the chance. Get rid of the both of you, but it's a little late now." She sighed angrily.

"Evelyn!" Peter yelled before he grabbed her by the arm hearing enough. "I won't let you talk to my kids like that," he said dragging her out the door shoving the papers into her arms.

"Who the hell do you think made us so fucked up?" Alex yelled at her. "I'll give you a hint, it wasn't dad," Alex yelled at her getting the last word before Peter closed the door in her face.

They heard as her angry footsteps turned to leave after a minute and Peter turned back around to his kids. "I am so sorry abou-," he went to say before noticing that TJ, who was hiding behind his hair, had tears streaming down his face. He walked up to him slowly, "is it okay if I touch you?" He asked. He didn't know a whole lot about his kids, but he did know that TJ sometimes didn't do well with touch unless it was his sister.

TJ nodded and his father wrapped his arms around him and hugged him petting his head as he did. "I'm so sorry," he apologized to him for everything she had said, or for even letting her push her way past him. "I will not let her lay a hand on you, either of you," he said looking at Alex who was rubbing her brothers back. "I am proud to have the two of you as my children and I want to do everything in my power to make it up to you guys for not being there for you, and for leaving you with that sociopath." He hugged him tighter and opened his other arm for Alex which she actually accepted his hug.

When TJ calmed down a little bit he went to the bathroom to clean up his face. The fresh bandage that Hanji had just put on already had tear stains on it. When he came out of the bathroom Alex gave him a hug and whispered in his ear that they would talk later about what had happened so she could check in with him.

"Are you guys thirsty?" He asked heading to the kitchen and Alex nodded and said that they would both like a drink. She knew TJ would say no, but with how much he had just cried she knew he needed something to drink. He listed off all the different kind of drinks.

"Just water for us," Alex asked. They were both sitting on the couch next to each other. Alex was still rubbing TJ's back when Peter came back from the kitchen with three glasses of water. He set the drinks down and sat in the chair across from them,

"If it's okay I was hoping we could talk," he suggested, "ya know like get to know each other better kinda talk," he asked nervously.

"I'd like that," TJ finally spoke up clearing his throat as he did.

"Well, first off," Alex said getting their attention, " I should probably clarify for dad that I am not a lesbian," she said with a nod of her head, "I just said that so I could leave and go with TJ," she shrugged with a smile.

The dad laughed for a second, "you two always have been inseparable," he mumbled with a smile. "Anything else going on in your lives?" he asked both of them. "At school? At where you're staying?" He asked hoping to come up with some more topics to talk about.

"Well," TJ started, "I have a boyfriend," he said hesitantly waiting for his dad's response.