Run

TJ who was now sitting up rubbed at his eyes. "Mom?" He asked trying to look up at her and get his eyes to readjusts and focus.

The next thing he saw was his mom grabbing him by his shirt and dragging him out of bed.

"Mom! What are you doing?" He asked in a panic as he was suddenly thrown to the floor.

"Get up," she growled.

TJ got to his feet only for them to be swept out from under him again by his mom who grabbed him by his shirt and threw him backward back to the floor again.

She disappeared for a moment and TJ thought her torment had ended. He fought back up to his feet his head a little dizzy from the sudden rush of movement after just waking up. He stood up and saw as his mom had walked back in the room.

"Mom what is-?" He started to ask when he saw what she was holding. His legs started shaking and he stumbled back to try and get away from her.

"Mom, please put down the scissors," he begged watching only the silver object in her hand.

"You are starting to act like a girl since you look like a girl," she growled. "You look like a fag and you act like one too," she said walking towards him. "If I cut your hair you'll stop looking like a fag and you can stop this insane act," she hissed.

"Mom stop, what are you talking about?" He asked backing up. He hit the wall and knew he had to run, he was just waiting for a clear shot past her.

She lunged forward at him with the scissors trying to get his hair. TJ winced and found his opening ducking under her arm and running. He felt as a thick liquid rolled down his cheek, and his shirt had some strands of hair that she had cut.

"I'm just trying to make things right," she yelled after him. TJ had run down the stairs and ran into his dad who had just come through the door.

He bumped into him before seeing who was there and he hid behind him hoping his dad would stand his ground against her, for once.

"Evelyn what is-" he started to say before noticing the scissors, "Evelyn what the hell are you doing," he yelled.

"Peter get out of the way," she yelled, "I'm trying to cure that fag," she hissed.

He wrapped his arm behind his back to hold onto TJ and felt his son trembling in fear. He closed his eyes and took a breath before looking back up at her. "Damn it Evelyn leave Tate alone, he hasn't done anything wrong," he yelled.

"How would you know what he's been doing. You're never home!" She said raising her voice even louder.

"And why do you think that is," he said looking her dead in the eyes, "the only reason I'm still around at all is because of the kids, or I would have divorced your ass long ago," he said in a chillingly calm and collected voice.

Evelyn's whole demeanor changed, it's almost as if you could see her soul, if she had one, leave her. She smiled, not a normal smile it was demented and twisted as if it was from some demonic creature coming after its prey. "Then leave," she laughed, "like I would care." She said before taking a step closer, "Just know your whore of a son has been making out with guys," she said looking at him in the eyes trying to get him to stop defending TJ.

"Why should I care," Peter said, "what he does isn't my business," he told her.

"Peter," she said lifting the scissors at him, "I will give you one more chance to move out of my way," she demanded.

Peter was on an unknown ground. He had never stood up to her before, and he didn't know what she was capable of, but with the scissors, in her hand, he didn't want to know.