Leaving the House

Author's note~ If I published a new story soon with original characters would you read it? I had to write a story for my English class about the apocalypse and I ended up falling in love with the characters I created and the storyline. There were 4 chapters and they were microfictions each only being 500 words in length. If I were to post them I'm not sure if I would keep them at that length or edit them to make them longer and more detailed I'm still debating about it. Either way, the story would probably be a shorter one. Anyways, I wanted to know your guys' thoughts and see if it would be worth posting on here. Please let me know what you think I should do. Should I post it? If I do post it should I leave it as is or should I make it a little longer and more detailed? I want to hear your feedback. Thank you and enjoy the chapter. ^.^~ Lawliet TJ

When the alarm went off Eren sat up and saw that Levi was already gone. He got ready and headed down the stairs where he was met with a delightful smell. "I made breakfast," Levi called from the kitchen hearing Eren walk down the stairs as he was setting out the plates.

Eren walked in and Levi pulled out the chair for him when he sat he pushed it back in and took the seat across from him. "It smells amazing," Eren said, "You didn't have too much trouble did you?" Eren asked.

"Nah," Levi said with a shrug," I only broke two plates," he said as if it were a good thing.

"Only two," Eren said in an over exaggerated tone rolling his eyes.

"How did you sleep?" Levi asked knowing that when he woke up this morning and looked over at Eren he still had bags under his eyes.

"After that one nightmare I slept fine," Eren said with a shrug.

"That's good," Levi said giving him a smile.

"What time did you end up getting up?" He asked.

"About an hour before the alarm," Levi said, "I decided to just get up and start the day off with a good breakfast.

They continued talking as they finished their meal before cleaning up. They soon jumped in the car and started heading for the school.

TJ heard his alarm go off and sat up in a tired daze. He sat there for a few minutes still waking up. He hadn't even turned off the alarm yet he just left it going for a moment processing the morning.

Alex walked in still wearing her pajamas and looked at him. He looked up at her with a confused look at why she was up so early.

"Are you just going to let that thing ring?" She asked it looks like it woke her up too.

"Sorry," he said silencing the alarm.

"You look like hell," she said looking at him. His hair was matted and messy his eyes still half closed with bags under them. His mouth was slightly opened as he looked to be in a haze of sleep.

"I know," he said with a shrug. "But you're one to talk," he said back looking at her. "Your hair looks like Mufasa," TJ laughed gesturing with his hands how puffy her hair was.

"Shut up," she said trying to brush it down. Her hair was in a lot of tangles from her tossing and turning. She went back to her room and went to get ready since she woke up early she decided she might as well get ready and just head to school with TJ.

After TJ finished up getting ready he walked over to his sister's room and knocked on the door. "Are you ready yet?" He asked. There was no answer.

He opened the door and looked inside to find Alex sitting at her desk brush still stuck in her hair as she slept slouched back in her chair. 'Should I wake her up,' he thought. 'Nah," he laughed before pulling out his phone and snapping a picture of his sister in such a funny position. He got a text after that from Thomas saying he was already outside.

He headed down the stairs to see his mother awake already and downstairs. "Bye mom," he said not looking up and trying to run past her.

"Hey, Tate," she called making him stop in front of the door.

"Yes?" He asked not looking up at her afraid to look into her scornful eyes.

"Did you grab breakfast?" She asked.

"No, but I'm running late," he lied just wanting to leave.

"Why don't you let me drive you?" she suggested. More sounding like she had an ulterior motive.

"Thomas is already here," he said pointing to the door.

"I can drive both of you," she said quickly throwing him off.

"We are supposed to meet up with another person that we walk with," TJ lied, "they are too scared to walk alone," he finally said.

"Fine," she said turning around and storming away. TJ was afraid there would be hell to pay later for that, but he couldn't risk whatever she had planned which was probably getting Thomas in a closed unescapable space so she could interrogate him.

TJ walked out the door and met with Thomas who was standing a little down the street. "Hey what kept you?" He asked.

"My mom," he said as explanation enough.

"Got it," Thomas nodded.

When they were far enough away from the house Thomas leaned in and gave TJ a kiss. TJ blushed a little and smiled. Thomas slid his hand into TJ and intertwined their fingers as they walked along letting the world fall away as they talked about anything.

When they reached the school Levi and Eren were already in class talking. They looked up and smiled at the two of them waving them over.

They all sat around the desk talking when some man walked in the class. TJ looked at the guy and knew he hadn't seen him before, but it looked like he had a broken hand and some bandages everywhere. When TJ looked back at Eren and Levi they seemed to recognize him.

"Jean," Eren said standing up, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home resting?" He asked walking towards him.

"I know but I needed to talk to you," he said looking a bit desperate.

"Um okay," Eren said and Eren ushered him over to a chair to get him off his feet anyways. "What do you need?" He asked.

"It's about Marco," Jean said and Eren felt a little worried by the way he sounded.

"What happened?" Eren asked with his voice full of concern.

Jean gave him a confused look before realizing what it sounded like. "No no nothing bad," Jean said easing Eren's worries a bit.

"Thank god," Eren sighed with a smile, "then what's up?" he asked.

"Well, I was going to propose to him sometime this week, I was hoping today or tomorrow. Oh, and I need the ring back" he said remembering he had Eren take it.

"Oh right," Eren said remembering it was at the house, "Here are my keys it's in the guest bedroom on the nightstand," Eren said. "Just leave the key on the counter when you leave," he said.

"Will do," Jean said, "also I wanted to talk to you about how I was going to propose," Jean said a bit nervously.

"You figured out how you were going to do it," Eren said excitedly.

"Kinda," Jean shrugged, "but I need your advice," he said before looking around the room, "both of your advice, hell even you guys can give me advice," he said talking to the two kids.

"Okay let's hear your plan," Eren said eagerly waiting.

"Okay," Jean took a breath, "so it goes like this."