Ice Cream

Eren and Jean went back into the waiting room and waited for Levi to join them. It took a while but he eventually emerged with a bright green cast on.

"You did know that black was an option?" Eren asked looking at the bright color that popped out at him.

"Yeah, but this color reminded me of your eyes when I saw it, so I said why not," Levi shrugged and Eren blushed.

"That's so... sweet," Eren said a bit conflicted about that word since it didn't fit very well.

"More like weird," Jean said coming up with a better fitting word.

Eren laughed, "A little weird, but also kinda nice, in a cheesy sort of way," Eren laughed. Levi just shrugged.

They all got back in the car and Eren drove, but he wasn't heading back home.

"Eren where are we going?" Levi asked looking around wondering where they were heading.

"It's a surprise," Eren said before stopping the car a few minutes later. He got out and the other two followed a little confused.

When they got out of the car they saw a park next to an outdoor ice cream shop.

"What are we doing here?" Levi asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, when I was little my mom would take me to get ice cream after every doctor's appointment since I hated them so much. So I thought why not bring you guys to get ice cream, on me of course, since you both didn't really wanna go." Eren said with a big smile.

Jean and Levi gave Eren a smile. Jean was first to walk up and pat his head with his good hand. "Such a pure innocent soul you have," he said truly grateful to have a great friend.

Levi just walked up and kissed Eren on the cheek. "Thanks, babe," he said and Eren giggled.

They all walked up to the counter and ordered. Eren paid and they waited for them to get their ice cream. Jean got his first and offered to go get a table that they could all sit at. They agreed and waited for theirs to be ready. When theirs arrived they started to make their way to try and find Jean. They saw him down a little ways at one of the closest benches.

"Thanks for the ice cream sweetie," Levi said before giving Eren a peck on the cheek.

"Mommy, why are those two men kissing?" A little girl asked. She walked up to Eren and Levi, before her mom could stop her, and tapped Levi on the leg. "Excuse me mister why are you kissing another boy?" She asked.

Levi looked down at the girl who was probably no older than five or six.

"I'm so sorry sir," her mother said running up to them and grabbing her daughter's hand with an embarrassed look on her face.

"It's alright," Levi said with a friendly smile before squatting down to talk to the little girl. "Well I kissed him because I love him," Levi explained with a friendly smile.

"Boy's can like other boys?" The little girl asked tilting her head to the side a little almost as if she was trying to grasp the concept.

Levi nodded, "Mhmm," he hummed.

"Does that mean boys can marry boys?" She asked a little curious.

Levi gestured for Eren to show her. Eren knelt down next to her and showed her the ring Levi had given him.

"We're going to get married soon," Levi said as she examined the ring.

"It's really pretty," she smiled. She looked up at her mom and whispered, "it looks like a ring from a fairy tale."