Room Decorating

"Who are you?" the strange woman asked giving the kid a funny look.

"TJ," he mumbled, "Who are you?" he asked giving her a funny look back.

Eren who was in the middle of walking into the front room had just started laughing at how awkward they were.

"It's okay TJ," Eren said catching his breath, "you can let her in."

TJ stepped out of her way letting her into the house. She closed the door behind her. She walked up to Eren with a what the hell is going on kind of look. "Why the hell is there a random kid in your house," Mikasa asked glaring at Eren trying to make sure he wasn't doing anything illegal.

"Actually there are two," he said with a shrug, "the other one is upstairs," he smiled awkwardly knowing he wasn't really helping his case.

"What the fuck Eren," she said bringing a hand up to her face. Alex had come down the stairs to see where TJ had gone and saw this random stranger in the living room and froze on the stairs. Levi had headed for the kid's room, but then they weren't in there he went to check downstairs and found everyone gathered in the living room.

"Mikasa?" Levi asked seeing the back of her head.

She turned around and walked up to Levi. "You mind explaining to me why the hell you guys have two kids in your house," she said more concerned than anything.

"Long story short," Levi sighed, "they got kicked out and we took them in," he said and Mikasa eased up knowing that nothing illegal was going on.

"TJ, Alex," Eren said pointing to each of the kids then to Mikasa, "this is my sister Mikasa," he introduced them.

"Hi," she said nicer than before, "sorry about that," she said with a little smile.

"So what are you doing here?" Eren asked.

"Didn't Levi tell you I was going to stop by this week?" Mikasa said looking at Levi.

"You said tomorrow," Levi shrugged.

"They came early," Mikasa said back before turning back to Eren. "Annie's cousins are in town and I wanted to give them some space, even though Annie rathered they just not come at all," she laughed. "If you guys are too busy I can go see if I can chill with Armin," she said looking at the kids then back to Eren and Levi.

"Actually we were just about to decorate their room, and we could use an expert," Levi said with a smile.

She looked at the kids to see if it was okay with them and they agreed. They mostly just wanted to see what she was like, I mean this was the first time they were seeing Eren's sister. She seemed like a mystery and they were curious.

"Alright then," she smiled before turning to Eren. "I might have to borrow some clothes," she asked and Eren nodded. They headed up the stairs and Eren grabbed Mikasa some extra clothes that she could wear so that hers wouldn't get messed up.

Eren had shown Mikasa the design of the room that he was thinking about to get her opinion. She made a few changes which Eren agreed with, it made everything seem much simpler. She was going to ask the kids their opinion, but they said that they wanted it to be a surprise. She nodded and she and Eren got to work while Levi just waited for instruction. Levi could have sworn they looked like professionals, maybe because Mikasa was an architecture major who was studying interior design, but Eren had no prior knowledge yet he still seemed to know what he was doing. 

Everyone, aside from Eren, had started with the walls painting them with new colors. Two of the walls were painted a light purple, while other two walls were painted a greenish blue teal. They taped off four different square spots. Two on one wall and two on another. These were where the whiteboard walls would go. Eren was working on the ceiling. He was going to painted the outline to see where everything would go.