Chapter Three

~Sierra Sparks~

During lunch I found out the boy’s name from The Barbies. I also found out during chemistry from some girl named Hazel that the girls I hang out with are called The Barbies. Funny how right I was.

Anyways, the boy’s name is Austin Mahone. He’s in a gang called ‘The Crew’ which consists of 4 other boys: Tyler Stanush, Alex Constancio, Robert Villanueva, and Zach Dorsey. ‘The Crew’ I hear gets into fights on the daily, they are always getting in trouble, they are usually spotted in alleys making deals with the scariest looking people, bully anyone who gets in their way, and hook up with girls on the daily basis.

Well Robert and Zach do. I hear Tyler is the sweetest and most innocent. He’ll talk to people in a nice manner, and only gets involved when it gets very bad. Alex is also very friendly, yet can be very sassy. If you mess with the gang, he’ll mess you up. If he doesn’t like you, he’ll make sure you know. Robert is a dick. Totally and completely. He has no heart and uses very offensive language. Zach is a flirt, yet he will beat you up in a second. Those boys don’t have much on them. The most dirt I got is on the leader… Austin Mahone.

Austin Mahone I hear gets into the most fights. Rumor has it he killed a boy named Tommy Bradshaw who was head quarterback. Everyone loved him. He was a total sweetheart. But one day, Tommy started acting different and people noticed Austin’s glares to Tommy. People blame him for Tommy’s murder. Austin also only has a mom. People say his dad tried to attack his mom and then ran off. But other rumors say his dad left them when he found out his mom was pregnant. I also heard Austin isn’t one to talk to girls, or even make eye contact with any. But other rumors say he goes to clubs to hook up with girls every weekend.

Is it bad to say I don’t believe any of that crap?

Austin Mahone is a selfish prick too. He only thinks of himself. He never thinks of his friends or his family. He’s heartless. He picks on the weak, but I asked how people knew that? They can’t come up with a reason. He hasn’t picked on any nerds, only high jocks who think they’re better than others. He’s hospitalized three people too. Their names are Jake Pioneer (basketball star), Ryan Porter (drama star), and Derek Haze (football player). The three all transferred too saying they got threats from Austin. Yet nothing was found on the matter.

People say lies, yet have no evidence.

It’s disgusting.

After I got a seat next to Austin, people immediately came to me after class. It wasn’t just The Barbies who warned me. Should I be scared? Because I don’t feel scared. I feel like I need to talk to this boy. I need to get to know this kid unlike other people. Yet people won’t talk to me if I do. They’ll avoid me, thinking I’m like them. They’ll become scared of me. And what if ‘The Crew’ doesn’t like me? I’ll have no one.

The problem is that this kid, Austin, he’s a mystery. And when I have a mystery in front of me… I have to solve it. I feel like I need to figure him out. Someone has to, and I want it to be me. He’s interesting and I like that.

I sit in gym class, watching as people chat it up. That is until a certain someone walks in. I find my eyes traveling over to who just walked in and I see that it is none other than, Austin Mahone.

Behind him is ‘The Crew’. Tyler, Alex, Robert, and Zach look at everyone, watching as the other students back away from them. Surprisingly, I found myself just watching them. Austin stands in front, his eyes scanning everyone. Until they land on me.

He smirks, before cracking his knuckles and continuing to walk towards the crowd. They step aside making Austin let out a chuckle. His laugh even sounded dangerous. I guess fear makes him laugh. As I stare at him, I start to think. What was a boy like that doing here?

I continue to stare, looking at each boy. I am the only person who just keeps looking, everyone else hides their faces. I don’t see what is so scary about them. One looks like a small puppy with blonde hair, one looks like a tiny brown haired kid with a goofy grin, one looks like a boy with a shaven hair cut yet strangely adorable, one has a hot quiff and a cute looking exterior, and then there was Austin. In my eyes, he looks like the scary one. The way he holds himself with pride… it’s attractive. But something about him…

The way he walked… the way he talked… the cold look in his eyes…the cracking of his knuckles read trouble, yet all I could see is a small misunderstood boy just wanting someone to let in.