Chapter Twelve

~Austin Mahone~

"Her name is Sierra Sparks," I explain to The Crew at lunch annoyed with their comments about the new Barbie. It bothers me how much they talk about her yet they've never talked to her. She's so understanding and caring. Why is she being like that to me? I don't get it.

"Why are you being such a softy to her?" Alex hisses at me. I shoot him the deadliest glare, annoyed by his sass. Alex immediately goes silent and looks away.

"You like her," Tyler speaks up, causing my heart to stop. Do I? No. I don't like people easily. I mean yeah she's gorgeous, smart, kind, beautiful, jaw dropping, just perfect... Oh shit.

"No!" I snap, but it's obvious in my voice that I'm most likely lying. But I won't give in. I can't like some random girl I just met. Yet I feel like I've known her forever. She's the first person I told the truth to. She's the first girl to ever give me a chance.

She's been at school for about 4 weeks now, and I just started talking to her. She'd always wave hi to me at school too when no one is looking. It's cute how she does it too. Her small baby hands just waves at me and her hazel eyes look straight into mine. I notice she's a person who likes eye contact. I like that.

When she even touches me, it drives me crazy. Her touch is what I've been longing for. It's crazy how a girl changes how I act. I want to be good for her sake. I can't let her get hurt for my actions. Why did I even get involved with this gang?

If I didn't I could just be happy with her with no fear of her getting shot or raped or anything. I could be with her whenever. I can do that now; I just have to protect her. Because I've already gotten involved with her. I like her... more than I should.

I care for her too much. It's unsafe for her sake. So I just don't tell her and just watch out for her. Secretly though. I should just shut her off. I can't risk seeing her hurt. Oh my god. I fell for a girl. I can't believe it.

"You can't fall for her," Alex says, giving me a look. I just shrug at him. I've fallen for the girl and I don’t think it could’ve been stopped.

"I think it's too late..." I then grumble watching as all the boys avert their gaze to me.

***

~Sierra Sparks~

I walk out of school only to be picked up and taken away from people. The person held me tightly, covering my mouth so I couldn't scream. Oh no, do they know I have the CD? Am I going to die?

I am then set down and turned around to be in front of... Alex. What, why? Wait...does he know?

"You need to stop!" He says, sounding angry as he stares me dead in the eyes. Stop what? Does he know? Does he know I have the CD? Oh... Crap.

"Stop what?" I ask.

"Talking to Austin! Looking at Austin! Making Austin fall for a fake girl like you!" He says, getting angry. His fists are to his side and clenched tight. He looks pissed. Is he going to hit me? I have to take a step back, scared.

"Why can't I talk to him...?" I say my voice coming out soft and innocent. Alex eyes soften at my tone, noticing how scared I was. But then his lips curved into a devilish smirk. Fear. They feed off it.

They're a damn gang for God's sake.

"Because you're now his weakness. Before you... he never had one! Now leave Austin alone or else!" He says, and I know he meant it. I had to leave Austin Mahone alone.