Chapter Fourteen

~ Austin Mahone~

At school the next day Sierra avoided me. She followed behind The Barbies, not daring to look me in the eyes. It hurt. A lot. After I kissed her, she has been so quiet. It bothers me. I've dealt with her ignoring me for two weeks and I was out of it. Alex told me he went up to her, and he looked as if he felt horrible so when the thunder and lightning happened I took it as my chance to go to her.

He told me he told her how I felt. Well he sort of did, and when Sierra said how she cared about me. I went for it. I've been waiting since the day I saw her to kiss her. She is different. I like her... A lot.

The problem is... I'm dangerous. All I'll do is put her in danger. Right now, kissing her... They could know and take her away. I'm not sure who they is, but they send 'The Crew' texts all the time and all we have to do is protect the CD, which we lost. We figure they don't have it since they keep texting about it. So someone out here in San Antonio, Texas has it. Have they looked at it? They'd just be in more trouble.

It'd explain everything... All these rumors.

I had detention after school because I came late to class. Luckily, Sierra did too and I'm not sure why. She sat next to me in Chemistry and kept quiet. It looked as if she'd seen a ghost. And I felt myself getting so worried. I wanted to place my hand on her thigh and give her a reassuring squeeze, but she moved her chair far away from me.

Now she sits near me, doing her homework. She stays silent, not saying a word to me.

"Sierra," I whisper to her, watching as she turns her head slightly to look at me. She's been waiting for me to say something. It makes me smirk at her.

"Make an excuse to go to the bathroom, we need to talk," I say, but she just turns her attention back forward, ignoring me. I can't help but frown as she just leaves my attention like it's so easy. Did the kiss mean nothing to her? That's when I could feel my heart breaking. I finally let a girl in and it was just her using me to drop me. Maybe she is a Barbie after all.

I watch as Sierra raises her hand and asks, "May I go to the bathroom?" I could feel my spirits being lifted. Maybe she isn't one of them... Well I know she isn't, I just lost hope for a second. Maybe she became one of them later on and I didn't notice.

I need to stop thinking about her being a Barbie. It's impossible instead I raise my hand a few moments later and just state, "I'm going to the bathroom." Even the teachers know not to mess with me, so I get up and walk out. I only showed up to detention to see Sierra. That's the only reason.

I look around for Sierra, seeing her standing outside of the boy's bathroom waiting for me. Hopefully. Well duh Mahone, you told her to come.

I go to her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her to me. She didn't seem to really hug back, but I continue to hug her. I then feel her arms go around my neck tightly as if this hug were to end she'd lose me. But I promise she won't lose me. I'm here to stay when it comes to her.

"Are you okay?" I whisper to her as I hold her close. I take in her sweet smell, which smells like cotton candy. She smells like that a lot, and I like it. It's attractive when you smell good, but Sierra takes it to a whole new level of attractiveness.

"I'm scared," I hear her whisper, before feeling her body slightly trembling now. I didn't take notice to it until she spoke up about being scared. Is she scared of... me?

"Why baby?" I say not even thinking of the baby part. It just came out so naturally like I've wanted to say it for a while now. Trust me.. I probably have. When it comes to Sierra, she makes me feel and do a lot of crazy shit.

"Because..." She sniffles before continuing, "I don't want to make you weak. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want to fall for someone who I have to worry about constantly if he's okay. I don't want to feel so scared I might get hurt..."

She's right too. I am scared too. All those things she said are the same for me. I don't want to make her weak or vulnerable. I don't want her to get hurt. I don't want to always have to worry about her, but yet I want all of that. I'd have an excuse to be with her.

"Sierra, let's be young and stupid. Alright?" I ask, causing her to lightly laugh. Now there's that laugh I love.

"How about we keep whatever we are between us for now until I can decide what will be best for us, okay?" I ask making sure it's okay with her. She looks up, her glossy eyes staring straight into mine.

She nods her fragile head before saying in a soft whisper, "Okay."