Chapter Thirty-Three

~Sierra Sparks~

“Can we watch it?” I whisper to Austin as we sit together.

“Watch what, babe?” he asks in return as I shift awkwardly. We have been sitting here in silence for a while since we didn’t do much together. We are both just exhausted from all of this. It’s a cuddle day. I don’t mind though.

“The disc…” I breathe out, looking up at him. He holds my hands against his chest as I cuddle with him. He gives me a weird look at how I randomly brought it up.

“I’m ready,” I say, looking into his hazel eyes. They immediately take my breath away like they usually do. His eyes always surprise me because they are always a different color. It’s always a question I ask before looking. What color will they be this time?

“You sure, babe?” he asks. I nod my head, watching as he slides out of bed. He lets me make my choice as he heads over to the CDs. He slides out the Mix Tape one, chuckling a bit.

“I better make you a Mix Tape one day,” he voices, causing a grin to spread out on my face. I swear the comments he makes are the cutest. Everything he does it cute. Then some things he does are hot. Then some things… well you know. Then they’re things that are turn ons.

I watch as he takes out the disc, walking over to my dvd player. He glances back at me, making sure it is okay with me. I nod my head. I am ready to watch this disc. If he killed someone then it’s fine by me. I’m fine with it. He has his reasons if he did. I trust him.

Austin lets out a sigh, before sliding it in. He stands by the player, just in case I change my mind. Maybe I will… I really am not sure.

On the screen pops up a boy in a chair. He’s tied up, his mouth in covered with a bandana and he’s screaming into it. It comes out muffled. He has ratted brown hair, cuts on his arms and face, his blue eyes shine but are lifeless. Inside he looks dead. I watch as the boy screams and screams. They come out muffled.

I can feel my heart beat quicken at the sight. His eyes sting with tears so then mine too. This boy looks so helpless. My eyes avert to Austin as he looks at the screen nervously. He taps his foot and shifts a bit. On the screen is just the boy, but as I hear gun shots I know something is going to happen.

That boy…

“Is that Tommy Bradshaw?” I speak up, making Austin nod. My eyes stay on the screen as I hear Austin’s voice yelling. I hear the other boys too, making my skin crawl. I know exactly what this video is.

Tommy Bradshaw’s murder video.

I shoot straight up, heading to the disc player. I press the button the disc pops out. Austin questions my actions and watches as I grip the disc in my hand. I couldn’t watch this. I couldn’t watch one of the crew members kill him. I don’t want to know which one because I know in my heart they are all good people.

I break the disc harshly, before looking up at Austin. His eyes go wide at me as he watches my actions.

“Sierra, you can’t just do that!” He yells at me, but I retort,

“No, Austin! I trust you! I trust you didn’t kill him, but one member did! One of you guys did and I don’t dare want to know who. No one is going to know. This is safe now. It’s broken. It’s done with! Now can we just burn this and move on!?!?” I sort of yell it, but I look into his eyes. I mean it. He didn’t kill Tommy. He would tell me if he did. But one of the crew members did… One did it.

I don’t want to know who. I have grown close to those boys. I don’t want anyone to know who killed him. I don’t care. Those boys are like my other brothers and I know they have their reasons.

“God damnit, Austin! Why do I have to have grown so close to any of you!?!?” I roar at him, shaking my head. I head down the stairs in a total rush and down to the fire place. A fire already burns to keep the downstairs warm.

I immediately toss the disc in. No one will know what is on that disc. NO ONE. I will make sure of it. It’s gone now. No one is going to send The Crew to jail. No one is going to take Austin away from me. No one.

I will make sure of it. He’s mine. He isn’t going to get hurt. He isn’t going to leave me. I love him too much to watch him get hurt.

“Sierra…” he whispers, looking at me from the stairs. I move my gaze from the fire and over to him. He wears his black beanie, 32 shirt, black jeans, and gold shoes. On his face is a worried expression. He isn’t angry anymore because he knows I did the right thing. A tear runs down my cheek as I stare at him. He didn’t kill him. He’s taking the blame for another Crew member. Why is he so nice?

“It wasn’t you, you promise?” I ask, looking at him. I hold my hands together as I look at him. He shakes his head no as he walks down slowly. He doesn’t want me to move so I don’t. I let him make his way to me, and when he gets to me he wraps his arms around my waist. He nuzzles his chin into my neck, holding me close to him. I take in his strong scent, never wanting to smell another guy again.

“Thank you,” he whispers into my ear. I take in his words, feeling that he meant them. I just love him so much. Even if it was him, I’d love him the same. I was ready to watch that disc, but I know it’s not my place to watch it. I know that I’m safer by not watching it.

“I love you Austin Carter Mahone…” I breathe, turning around in his arms to face him. I wrap my arms around his neck in return. He smiles down at me before saying back,

“And I love you too, Sierra Skylynn Sparks.”