Chapter Thirty-Seven

~Sierra Sparks~

“Sierra, we have to talk to you,” I hear my mom says as I walk in home from school. I furrow my eyebrows together as I look at them. Graduation is coming up so I assume it’s about that. I’m just confused at how serious they sound.

“Uh yeah, sure. Let me just-”

“Now, Sierra,” my dad says with a tone that scares me immediately. Austin was waiting upstairs for me since he snuck into my room. My parents hate it when I have him over before I finish homework. But Austin has been inseparable from me since a few weeks ago. Danny, Lizzie, Hazel, and The Barbies have not been at school. Danny was actually announced dead…

It was really tragic, but he deserved it. I would’ve done it myself if I could’ve… Weird coming out of my mouth right? But that son of a bitch hurt me. He scarred me. I would’ve loved to do it to him… Wow. I’m turning into one of The Crew.

I set my backpack down on the couch, heading over to my parents who stand in the kitchen. My dad has his arms crossed and my mom is basically biting her nails in worry. They have never been home at this time, and today they are. It’s weird.

“What’s up?” I ask, raising an eyebrow.

“We want you to break up with Austin,” my dad spat out. I look at him in confusion as if I think I’m being punked.

“Wait, why!?!? You guys love him!” I say, really confused. Why are they acting like this all of the sudden? Why are they being so horrible again? I don’t know what is wrong with them.

“We know he murdered someone, Sierra. We don’t want a murderer around our daughter,” my dad says. My mom doesn’t dare speak. She just looks so stunned because she probably just found out. My dad, on the other hand, is furious. He’s fuming.

“He didn’t kill anyone, dad! He was just accused for it! You don’t know him, dad! You don’t know if he did or not! Do you think a murderer would be so nice to you and mom? Do you realize this accusation you have has no proof behind it!?!?” I state, looking at him like he’s crazy.

“He got accused of it,” my dad says.

“And was he sent to jail for it? No. You don’t know shit, dad,” I say, swearing at my dad. I wasn’t afraid of him. He can’t control who I date. He doesn’t even have any proof. He’s just assuming it off what his coworkers probably told him.

"Don't use that tone with me! You are only a child! You say you love him! You don't know what love is. You're only 17!" My dad spits out at me as if I'm ten and not mature enough.

"Dad! I do love him! You don't know how he makes me feel! If you're thinking he's using me you'll be happy to know I haven't had sex with him!" I yell at my dad, so pissed off. I know Austin can hear this. I know he'll come down to protect me, but no. He shouldn't. He better not.

"I'm going to do homework," I blurt out so I can head to Austin before he comes down. I pick up my bag and before heading up the stairs. I go up the stairs quick, ignoring my dad cussing at himself. As I turn the corner I see Austin starting to come out of my room.

I place a finger over my lips and throw my arm up to place on his chest to stop him. He looks so pissed because the killing thing makes me pissed off. He didn't kill anyone and he needs to calm down.

He looks into my eyes as I ssh him and get him back into my room. I close the door behind us and place my bag down on the floor. As my eyes go back to Austin he angrily pushes me against my door. He doesn't make sure I go gently either. He's furious.

My head bangs against it, making me wince before his lips crash onto mine hard. My head throbs a bit but his lips take away the pain. I wrap my arms around his neck as his hands go underneath my butt. He picks me up in a swift motion, making me wrap my legs around his waist.

He pulls me close to him and then pushes my back to the door once again. He kisses me hard in anger, which hurts me just a bit. I was still a little weak from what had happened a few weeks ago.

Austin pulls me back from the door and then pushes me against my drawer in anger. This time I had to pull back to let out a whimper.

"Austin, you're hurting me," I let out, but I keep it quiet. Austin looks at me, before dropping me hard. I fall on my butt, watching as he backs up from me. He falls onto my bed in a sitting position. His head falls into his hands as he lets out a soft cry.

"I'm so sorry, Sierra," he lets out. "This is the side of me I didn't want you to see. I don't want to hurt you," he continues as I sit on the floor. I look at him, so worried for his health rather then my own pain. I get up, going to him. I place a comforting hand on his back and rub softly.

"Ssh, Austin. It's okay," I remind as I rub softly still. I hate seeing him upset. It just makes me so upset to know he's hurting.

"Austin, look at me," I ask him. I watch as he lifts his head to look over at me. All I do is give him a small smile which results in him smiling back.

"Let's just keep being young and stupid," I say once again, knowing that those words would be his cure...

For now.