Chapter Four

~ Austin Mahone~

“What’s her name?” I ask harshly to Alex as I sit in my room. Alex is doing research on the new girl today. There was something about her… She really caught my attention and I didn’t like that. No girl has ever caught my attention in a good way. And she did.

Her ombre hair, her hazel eyes, her devilish smile that looks so perfect, her tiny body that fit her height perfectly, her small baby hands that I oddly noticed, her perfectly shaped nose, her thin lips, her cute laugh and how her nose scrunches up sometimes when she does it… This girl is all I could think about for the past week.

Why is she making me so damn sensitive?

“Sierra Sparks!” Alex then says, angrily. I’d been asking him this question for the past few days and he wouldn’t give me an answer. And finally after me constantly asking, he answered.

Sierra Sparks…

“Dude! She’s the girl who just moved in next door! My mom has been trying to get me to go over and say hello to their daughter who is my age! Why didn’t I put it together sooner?” I ask myself out loud, groaning.

“I don’t like her. She isn’t scared of us. You can tell. She’s no good. I think she’s in a secret gang that’s against us,” Alex then grumbles, rolling his eyes. His sass is extreme… When he doesn’t like someone he makes sure I know. When he doesn’t like someone, he’s usually right too. But this time… It didn’t feel like it.

“I don’t know dude…” I start.

“I know dude! You can tell by the way she fucking acts and she hangs with those damn barbies!” Alex spat, causing me to sigh. He is right. She does hang out with The Barbies which contains my ex- girlfriend, Taylor. Sierra probably knows by now how dangerous I am too.

Yeah… dangerous… that’s what I am.

“Anyways, do you still have the CD?” Alex asks, making me hiss at him.

“Shut the fuck up about that. We can’t let my mom hear,” I snap, rolling my eyes harshly at him. He can be so damn loud sometimes, and can blow our cover. If my mom knew all the shit I do, I’d be sent away.

“Oh shut up,” Alex snaps back, making me scoff at him. We may bicker like this, but he’s my best friend. And he’ll always be.

~Sierra Sparks~

“Party?” I ask Taylor, making her nod her head.

“Please come, Sierra! It’s the first party of the year and to start off your popularity with us will be great! We’ll have a great time!” Taylor gushes as she pushes her salad off to the side. She’s wasting a good salad that she only took two small bites of. Like eat a burger, bitch, you’re a stick.

“Sierra! We can set you up with a nice football player,” Amanda gushes, her dumbness kicking in. You can tell in her voice that by set up, it means a nice football player to hook up with. I’m not like that.

“I don’t know…” I say, not really thinking this night would go well.

“Just think about it, and if you decide to go text me. I can pick you up,” Taylor says before the bell rings.

“Well, I better head to class,” Taylor says, excusing herself and getting up. She rushes off to head to her next class and the other Barbies follow pursuit. If I have to live like this for one more day I might shoot myself.

***

Crash.

I fall back, dropping my books completely on the floor. Fuck. And I’m late for class already.

“Sorry,” A girl’s voice apologizes before bending down and helping me pick up my books. I can’t help, but smile at how innocent this girl sounds. So I look up to see a girl with gorgeous brown hair that curls at the bottom. Her face is makeup free except for the mascara she put on. She’s seriously so pretty, I have to catch my breath. Some girls around here are too pretty to handle.

“Really, its okay,” I say back, smiling at her softly. She smiles back and I am in awe at how white her teeth are and I can’t forget to mention straight.

“I’m Lizzie Lakers, but people called me Liz,” she introduces, before handing me my books. I smile at her as a thank you before introducing myself,

“I’m Sierra Sparks.”

“Oh! The new girl sitting next to Austin in Chemistry,” she says, making me laugh lightly. Why does everyone know about that? People need to get a life. It’s frustrating how they don’t.

“That’s me,” I say back, giving her a ‘why does it matter face’.

“Sorry, I mean I don’t care it’s just that’s what I’ve been hearing. And I also hear that you’re really pretty, which is true,” she says nicely, making me smile. What a sweetheart.

“Really? People are saying that?” I can’t help, but laugh lightly.

“People like to talk around here. Anyways, are you going to Tayla’s party tonight?” she asks changing the subject. I shoot her a nod.

“We should get ready together, if the Barbies don’t mind that is. Sorry if you don’t like them, no one really does,” she says. This girl is brutally honest. I like her. No one has even been upfront with me. They just assume I am like the Barbies. This girl doesn’t.

“Sure! Let’s trade numbers,” I say, casually. I send her a smile before handing her my phone. And looks like I made a new friend who I’ll actually maybe enjoy.