Chapter Thirty-Two

~Austin Mahone~

Sierra is over, studying for a test upstairs. I tried to distract her, but she wouldn't budge. She sure is smart. I never knew how smart, like I know she's smart, but that smart? It's attractive. When she studies she sticks out her tongue a bit and makes some weird noises when she quizzes herself. When she gets it wrong she gets in a huff and when she gets it right I can see a huge grin on her face. I swear she's adorable. She denies it though.

I head downstairs to make some food for her knowing her. She's probably hunger like she is always. Her quite little appetite.

As I make her a nice turkey sandwich I start to think about what ifs. Like what if Sierra never came? What if Sierra never was interested in me? What if I do end up getting hurt? What if she ends up getting hurt?

"Austin! Stop!" She says, her eyes wide as I notice I was about to cut my thumb. Sierra furrows her eyebrows at me as I look so confused. I guess I got too lost in my thoughts to notice I was about to lose my thumb. I wouldn't mind though. I hate my baby hands, they're like Sierra's but on her it's cute. On me... It's weird.

She takes the knife from me, setting it down. She then stands in between the sandwich and me. Her face is filled with concern as she looks up at me. I'm glad she's shorter then me since I am so short.

She wraps her arms around my waist as I wrap mine around her neck. I pull her to me tightly and smile knowing she's here. She hugs me back tightly, giving me a nice squeeze. Since she's so tiny and not that strong it doesn't hurt. She's too cute to hurt anyone... Well, actually I think she would hurt someone in a heartbeat if they did something to me.

When she gets angry it's adorable. Her eyebrows furrow and her hands ball into fists. She's not very intimating which is fine by me. She's getting stronger though since we train when we can. She still continues to do it, not daring to give up on it. It's just amazing how strong she is mentally. It's impressive.

"Babe, you okay?" she asks, making my heart ache a bit. She knows me so well. She stopped studying to check up on me. She loves to study for some odd reason. Shes a geeky girl, yet some what sporty.

To be honest, she's perfect. She dances, plays sports, sings, is caring, she plays the piano a bit... I can go on about her. She's everyone's dream guy. She's gorgeous too! It's amazing to know I got a girl way out of my league. I'm the lucky one. She shouldn't be saying she is.

I smile weakly, "Sort of. I'll be fine." Worrying her was the last thing I want to do. I hate seeing her all worked up. Seeing her all worked up makes me feel horrible. Sierra shouldn't have to worry about anything. She's too perfect to need to worry. I just wish she saw how amazing she is.

"You can tell me, Austin," she says, locking her hands together as her arms are around my waist. I smile down at her figure, and find myself kissing the top of her heading lovingly. How did I get so lucky? It's starting to make me realize how much danger I'm putting her in.

Everyday I will make sure she is safe. No doubt in my mind. I will follow her everyone and be by her side when I can. I care for her too much to watch her get hurt. If she does it's on me. I put her in this situation. I put her in danger. This will be my fault if she ends up hurt.

"I'm just scared," I end up whimpering, my eyes getting a little teary. I can't lose her. I can't. If I lose her, I lose myself. Without her, I'm not me. Wow. I am so whipped. The guys are right.

I want to end this. I want to stop this, but I can't. I can't find myself to do. Am I being full of myself? Am I being greedy? Am I only doing this for my sake? Maybe she wants out. Maybe she doesn't even love me.

I watch as Sierra's face falls at the sight of me. I can feel a tear run down my cheek. Wow. I am such a wimp. But this just proves how comfortable I am in front of her. Something about Sierra makes me fall in love with her everyday. I don't just want to use her then leave her. She's so special to me.

She unwraps her arms from me. What did I do? I messed up didn't I?

I shut my eyes tight to stop myself from crying, and I then feel a warm hand on my cheek. This makes me open my watery eyes to look down at the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. I swear, no girl can compare to her. No one.

“We’re going to be okay, Austin. Remember as long as we’re together everything is okay. You’re safe. I’m safe. Remember Austin let’s be young and stupid,” she says, repeating things I had once said to her. I smile down at her softly, as she wipes my tears. She is truly amazing, and the weirdest part is she’s with me. You think I don’t realize she deserves better? I realize it every day. I just love her so much…

“You’re amazing,” I let out, chuckling a bit. Sierra just smiles at me. Her perfect little smile removing every doubt I have.

“How did I get so lucky?” I continue, placing my hand on her cheek now. I stroke it softly with my fingers, watching as she cuddles into my touch. I can feel the tingles on my fingers going through my arm. We’ve been together for two months now. Two months is the longest I’ve been in and I know it’s not even close to the end of it. I hope it’s not.

“The question is, how did I get so lucky?” She retorts, looking into my eyes. Her eyes are beautiful. They change color you know? I don’t think she knows. They can go from blue, to green, to brown. They can show so much emotion and then they don’t. She’s the first girl I have some trouble reading sometimes, but now a days I can read her so well. I can know when she feels sick, nervous, happy, excited, troubled… I feel what she feels. When she’s down, I’m down.

“You think we’ll be okay?” I ask, sounding so vulnerable.

“I know it…” she whispers, leaning up and pressing her lips to mine.