Chapter Twenty

~Sierra Sparks~

Lizzie comes to my house in complete tears. She caught Danny cheating on her with Hazel from my Chemistry class. I thought she was so nice, but she did tell me about Austin and how heartless he is. Boy was she wrong. She’s such a slut.

“Lizzie, it’s okay,” I whisper, as I rub her back softly. She cries into my white sweater, making her mascara rub off on it. Oh great. I will probably from stains from it, but whatever. Friends come first.

“He c-c-cheated on me,” she cries out, causing me to sigh. I thought he was a great guy! Why would he cheat on Lizzie? She’s gorgeous! A total sweetheart! I’m surprised Austin didn’t go for a girl like her. He went for me… I will always compare myself to other people now that I’m basically with the bad boy everyone wants.

“He’s just a jerk. You’re going to find a good guy,” I say to her, trying to soothe down her crying. She’s a total mess because of Danny! God damnit Danny! Why did he do that to her!?!? She’s way better then Hazel.

I get up to go get Lizzie some tissues. I come back, handing her the box. She pulls some out, blowing her nose hard. She’s a mess, which makes me frown. I can’t believe guys have the decency to hurt girls this badly. Will Austin end up leaving me like this?

A part of me tells me no, but another says he will.

“You okay?” Lizzie asks, making me avert my gaze to her and away from my thoughts. I nod my head, shooting her a smile. I don’t want her to worry about me because people don’t know Austin is with someone. He’s still the town bad boy who sleeps with girls. He doesn’t even sleep with anyone!

I hear a knock on my door, making me get up from the bed. “Excuse me,” I say heading out of my room. No one is home so I have to go answer it. I made my way down the stairs and towards the front door. I unlock it, opening it up to reveal Austin.

I smile as he immediately grins back. “Hey,” he says, walking in. I take in the sight, seeing him in a black sweatshirt, some blue jeans, and his gold shoes. I swear he can make anything work.

“Hi,” I say back before he leans down and pressing a soft kiss to my lips. It’s just basically a hello peck. I have to glance back to make sure Lizzie isn’t there.

“Austin, you should leave,” I whisper, placing my hand on his chest. He looks down at it, confused by my actions.

“But I want to be with my beautiful… lady,” he says, smiling at his choice of words. I definitely am not his girlfriend yet… That’s a definite.

“Lizzie’s here, Austin,” I say, and his face makes an ‘o’ shape. He frowns down at me before asking,

“Can I get a goodbye kiss then and come later?”

I smile softly, before he leans down. He presses his lips to me real quick before I hear someone cough. I pull away, and look over to see Lizzie standing there. Mascara has run down her face and she looks at me with wide eyes. She just saw me kiss the bad boy of the town…

“Lizzie, let me explain,” I say as she crosses her arms. Austin immediately wraps an arm around my waist, protectively to make sure I’m okay. I look up at him, giving him a reassuring nod. Lizzie glares at Austin, Austin returning the glare.

“Explanation should be good,” Lizzie retorts. Austin continues to glare at Lizzie and keep me close to him. I feel like these two have history.

“Sierra! He’s trouble! Every girl knows it! I thought you were smarter!” Lizzie roars, walking down the stairs and over to Austin and me.

“Stop it Lizzie! You don’t know him like I do!” I say back, stepping in front of Austin to protect him. He puts his hands on my waist, moving me so I’m behind him. He wouldn’t dare let me get hit with a fist and not even with words. He is pretty protective.

“Oh I know what he’s done, Sierra! He’s killed someone!” Lizzie yells at Austin, making me step in front of Austin once again. She’s just like everyone else. She assumes she knows him.

“HE DIDN’T KILL ANYONE! Don’t just assume like everyone other girl! I can’t believe you of all people would be so judgmental. You believe what others are saying. Why not get to know the kid!?!?!?” I yell. Lizzie looks immediately pissed.

“And you believe him!? I saw him at the murder scene, Sierra,” Lizzie says. I look back at Austin and immediately see sadness in his eyes.  Did Austin lie to me? Did he actually kill someone?

“Austin…” I say, and look directly into his eyes. He looks away from me, not daring to answer the question. I immediately get furious about this and say to Lizzie,

“You should leave.”

I look at her with anger eyes, clenched fists, and a tight jaw. I would totally jump her right now to be honest. I am just pissed off in general, but she started this. She had ditched me for Danny, and I was being so open to having her back. I shouldn’t. Austin has been here longer. Yet how can I trust Austin? He basically admitted to killing the guy after saying he didn’t. He also agreed to be honest to me.

Lizzie leaves without another word, making me alone with Austin. I turn on my head back to Austin.

“You lied to me!” I roar, and he shakes his head no.

“I didn’t kill him, Sierra! Let me explain!” He says. I start to pace back and forth in confusion. How can I believe him!?!

“How can I believe you!?!” I ask, as he grabs my hand and pulls me to face him. He tries to get me to stop moving. His touch is not hard, it’s soft. He makes me look directly into his eyes before speaking,

“I want you to watch the disc when I leave, okay?”

“Austin…”

“Sierra, watch it. You’ll understand…” he whispers, before pressing a soft kiss to my lips. I kiss back a bit, before he pulls away softly. He rests his forehead against mine for a few seconds, before moving away. I watch as he makes his way out the door and I wondered if it was for good…

Now I get to find out what’s on that disc.