Chapter Sixteen

~Sierra Sparks~

I walk into school the next day with black high waisted shorts that have my butt sticking out a bit, and a neon pink crop top. On my feet are white high tops. My hair is straight, but has more volume to it. My make up consists of black eyeliner that turns into a cat eye, but that’s it really the rest is natural. I stand with The Barbies who wear outfits that look like mine. Usually I don’t dress like this, but it’s what everyone wanted. I can be a Barbie if I want. Austin will get a kick out of it. That’s what he gets for leaving me hanging.

“Nice look,” Taylor says, making me smirk.

“Decided it was time to change it up,” I say as people look my way, their eyes widening. Taylor just smirks and Amanda and Tayla nod their heads in approval. I lick my lips, before turning my body around to stand in front with Taylor facing the door.

Next to walk in is ‘The Crew’. Austin wears a gold varsity jacket, a black t-shirt with black pants, and some gold shoes. His hair is tousled and damn he looks hot like usually. I don’t really care how the other boys look, I only care about Austin.

I watch as his eyes flicker up to look at me. His eyes scan my body, before meeting my face. He then realizes who he just checked out. The rest of the boys, stop walking and look at me in utter shock. I decide to speak up,

“Keep walking big boys.” I walk my way past all of them to head to my locker, but I sway my butt a bit. I can be a slut if that’s what everyone thinks I am since I hang with The Barbies so let’s just be one. Let’s be a Barbie.

I open my locker, taking out my books for class. I then close my locker and see Austin. His hazel eyes look dark as he speaks, “All the guys are checking you out.” His voice is low and it sounds quite angry. It’s as if I’m his property.

“Any cute ones? I’m hoping to draw some attention,” I say back, smirking at Austin. Saying this gets him more pissed off.

“Maybe they won’t lead me on,” I spat, pushing him back a bit. I hug my books to my chest before continuing on my way. I’m not his anymore. He is just a player. It was just some dumb lie I believed.

***

At the end of the day I am walking behind school to get to the music room since my teacher needs something from it. I have to stay after to help set up for some social event they are putting on. So it's just me, which is quite boring.

I walk close to the school, keeping my head low before I feel someone push me against the school wall softly. I can feel my heart stop in that second, but is immediately calm when I see those familiar eyes.

"What do you want-"

He cuts me off by pressing his soft lips to mine. It's only been a day since I last did, but when he does it randomly, it's hot. He kisses me hard too, which is different from other boys. Since he's more of a tough boy, he's rougher.

I bring my arms to around his neck, my body reacting to his hands that rub my sides softly. His touch is soft, but his lips hard. They taste of mint so he probably was chewing some minty fresh gum before this.

I then pull away to stop myself from falling for him more than I already have.

I push him off, wiping my mouth in disgust. I had to stop doing this. I had to stop falling for his player ways.

"Was it all a lie?!? You were playing me and you have slept with girls!" I spat, making Austin's face fall. His eyes go cold as he stares at me. He looks so lifeless, so torn.

"What I told you is true, Sierra. I can't lie to you! I was on my way to your house but 'The Crew' barged in and asked if I was going to see you. If I said no and then kicked them out, they'd follow me. I'd be screwed," Austin says, sighing.

He rests his hand on my cheek to make me look at him, "Sierra, you're the first girl I'm willing to change for. At first I was unsure, but you make me want to be good. I want to be good for you because I care about you." His eyes look soft as he looks at me.

I feel so needy for his lips again. Those pink lips. I don't realize it, but I am now kissing him. When I realize it, I smile. My arms go around his neck and his around my waist. This kiss is soft, not hard. When he kisses soft I know he wants to change. He wants to be gentler and it's hot.

He can be tough and then gentle and sensitive. God damn this boy. My life will never be the same now that he's in it.

Which makes me worry somewhat. If I lose him what will I do? He's the bad boy. He's the guy that almost gets killed every night. He's the guy that can get so angry but then so happy. The boy causes so many problems. Yet I feel so drawn to him, to know more about him.

Austin pulls away noticing that I didn't kiss back as much and rests his forehead against mine.

"You okay?" he whispers, looking into my eyes. I really do love eye contact. I love seeing the emotion in people's eyes. Especially his. I love trying to read into him more. It's hard, of course, but I figure it out.

I smile softly, "Yeah. I am now."

"Now... what made you dress like this? I love it and all... but some guys were staring at you. I'm not sure if you want that," he says, making me laugh at how jealous he is without trying to say it.

"Jealous?" I ask, smirking a bit. Austin pulls back and scoffs at me as if I'm crazy. But I'm right.

"It's hot if you are," I continue, watching as Austin's eyes light up. He looks back at me and chuckles lowly.

"So if I am it's hot and if I'm not...?" he teases, making me snake my arms back around his neck. I lean in, acting as if I'll kiss him, but I stop before his lips. I let out a warm breath to hit his lips before speaking,

"Then you obviously don't care what I wear," I breathe, watching as Austin is frozen in shock at how I'm acting.

"Wow, are you turning into a Barbie?" he asks, making me roll my eyes and push him back. He just smirks because he was being sarcastic in order to piss me off. He was joking of course. But he wouldn't get away with it.

I give him a sad face and say, "I guess I am." Austin immediately softens, and wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me to him, facing me look up at him.

"Babe, I was kidding," he says, making me melt. Babe... I love how he calls me that and when he calls me baby. The way he says it is amazing. It makes me feel weak in the knees. I guess that's a problem though.

"I know," I smile softly, before pressing my lips to his real quick.

"I have to head back or I'll get in trouble," I say, starting to walk to the music room. Austin follows behind me, staying close to me. He follows me inside the music room and I watch as he picks up a guitar.

He admires it a bit, but I turn my attention away from him in order to find the papers I was told to retrieve along with a music player. Not sure why, but that's what I had to do. I search the desk for the papers and then find them. I then go over to the closet to grab out the music player, but immediately freeze when I hear the playing of a guitar.

I turn my head over, seeing Austin playing it. He sits in a chair, the acoustic guitar seated on his lap. He plays the song Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCarthy. I didn't know he plays guitar. I watch him, not sure if he notices I'm looking. But when his head looks up I know he caught me looking.

"Do you sing?" He asks me. I shake my head no, but he asks me to anyways.

"You first," I tease, thinking he'll probably sound horrible. He chuckles before nodding his head. His mouth opens as he starts to sing out the lyrics,

"I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul..."

He sings it, making my heart pick up its pace. Holy shit... He can sing. My mouth drops to the floor. I'm stunned, completely shocked. He just keeps going, a smile on his face,

"I know that you are something special
To you I'd be always faithful
I want to be what you always needed
Then I hope you'll see the heart in me."

I soon smile at how incredible he is. He can sing. I've never heard a voice so good, and I'm not just saying that. His voice... His voice could get him signed for records. He could be famous. He should be!

"Are you going to sing now?" He asks and I shake my head no. After hearing him, no. I would look so stupid.

He stops, playing and looks at me. His eyes soft as he says, "Sierra, please..."

I head over, sitting down in the chair next to me. I feel so shy now, but I nod my head. Even if I'm bad Austin won't judge me. He won't care if I can sing or not. I mean I love it, but I don't think I'm good.

He starts to play again and I sing,

"I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul..."

Austin grins before we both sing together, looking into each other's eyes like they do in all those sappy love movies,

"You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I won't let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
Your beautiful soul, yeah..."

I soon stop, feeling like I could've done better, but I feel so shy. I didn't want to make myself look stupid in front of Austin, so I look away now. I feel my face is flushed.

I then feel him put his hand underneath my chin. He pulls my face to look at him, before leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to my lips. He lets his lips linger a bit before pulling away and saying, "You're amazing at everything you do so don't feel so shy... You don't realize how good you are do you? Your voice is beautiful, just like you..."

I feel my face get hot before I press a kiss to his lips in return. I really got lucky on this one didn't I? Maybe moving wasn't so bad after all.