Chapter 18.

I'm sorry guys people are getting confused, the purge got so out of control to the point where it couldn't be stopped and this will come to make sense when you read one of Kate's lines sorry for the confusion!

-

Words couldn't describe the surpise I felt when I saw Kate standing in front of me. Her looks frightened me as watched her eye twitch slightly, her hand shaking as a gun is placed there. I wasn't as scared of Kate with a gun in her hand as I was with Kendall, because well Kendall was drop dead crazy. But Kate, no should would never hurt me.

Well, thats what I thought before she shot at me, causing me to overturn the car. I knew I saw her, I just knew it, but I couldn't convince my mind otherwise. I thought I was just seeing things, but I wasn't. I actually saw Kate. But why would she try to shoot me? Why would she even take the safety off the gun? The stinging pain is still in my arm from when the bullet only knicked me, but it was still enough to hurt.

I was relieved when Harry was the first person I saw when I was hanging upside down, and I'm glad he cared enough to come for me. Its making me rethink everything. How much he actually cares about me and maybe. just maybe this weird litlte feeling in my stomach is love.

"Kate!" I exclaim, a smile breaking out on my face as I got up off the ground, running up to her. She backed away, aiming the gun higher toward my face.

"Don't- don't touch me." She stuttered out, the gun shaking furiously in her hand.

"What is wrong with you?" I question, backing away, fear creeping up.

"What's wrong with me?" She repeats my question as if I'm crazy. "What do you mean what's wrong with me? You left me! You let them take you! And you left me here to die!" She exclaims furiously.

"I didn't let him take me!" I raise my voice slightly. "You let him take me! You watched him put that rag on my face." I say honestly. I never regretted Harry taking me but I never said I liked the fashion he did it in.

"You didn't come back until now. A month later." She says quietly.

"Because I found a place where I was safe and protected. Obviously you're okay if you're still alive."

"And you obviously don't know what I've gone through to actually be alive. While you have a man taking care of you, I had myself." Her hand is still shaking with the gun there, but I can tell she's struggling with holding it. She looks sick and weak, as if she hasn't eaten in days.

"There wasn't one day where I didn't think about leaving to come find you, and today was the day I chose to come." I mutter bitterly. "But looks like you don't care enough."

"Care? Who are you to care? All you did was talk about how terrible your life was. Oh my mom was killed by my lunatic of a father and I have a scar that shows she saved me!" She mimics in what I suppose is to be my voice. "Yeah right, no one cares, they never did."

"And I finally found someone who does."

"Who?"

"Me." Harry pipes in, standing up beside me. It's about time he stepped up, I almost forgot he was here.

"You. Ha ha!" Kate is going crazy and I don't know what to do to fix it. "You're stupid to think she's worth it."

I thought Kate was suppose to be my best friend, someone who would always be there for me, but I thought wrong.

"You would have been better off taking me instead, I mean how many times has she put you in danger?" Kate asks and I suddenly feel smaller. She's right, they would have been better off with her. She's far stronger than me, obviously seeing how she made it this far by herself. I have put them all in danger too many times and guilt washes over me.