5: The Great (Snowy) Escape

A Holiday Special From Me To You

Christmas in this world isn't a religious holiday (because in reality there are many religions and realistically, I can't represent them all so I go for religious neutrality in my writing) but it still holds the ideas of celebrating thankfulness, togetherness and the joy of one another's company! They don't give gifts or have Santa Claus, but it's customary to have a big dinner!
I hope you guys have a Happy Holidays, and I'm so thankful that you guys read my writing! ❤️

-F.M.

 A fortnight after Sophie met the rest of the royal family, on Christmas day, snowflakes flurried down from the sky onto the cold Evertalian soil in a daze, blanketing the kingdom in a fluffy sheet

A fortnight after Sophie met the rest of the royal family, on Christmas day, snowflakes flurried down from the sky onto the cold Evertalian soil in a daze, blanketing the kingdom in a fluffy sheet. Citizens stayed inside, and the world was peacefully quiet... Until...

"YEAAAAAAAAH!" The Diznee triplets thundered out to the courtyard with their older sister in tow. Their thick jackets were already dusted with snow, and Sophie worried about Lex, as he had just gotten over his cold, but she was out voted in this matter. It was three against one! The triplets immediately started to each do their own thing. Bex made snow angels and Lex started to make a snowman, all while Rex threw snowballs at his siblings, trying to get them to join him. Sophie circulated between the three hurriedly, trying to give each triplet an equal amount of attention when soon enough, the rest of the servant children poured into the courtyard, cheering with joy. Bex and her friends joined the snowball fight after they finished with their snow angles, while Lex and his began to build forts to support the effort. It was very exciting and cheerful even without the holidays on everyone's mind.

Thankfully, while the kids were distracted, Sophie was able to stand to the side and watch the fun, mentally planning out the different things she had to do for the rest of the day. She was the only adult supervising the children, probably because no one else wanted to stand outside in the cold, but she didn't mind. She was busy remembering all the pieces in Biana's outfit for the Christmas dinner. The belt, the hairpin, and the dress itself. The make up, the necklace, the ring. The shoes, the petticoat, the maternity corset*. Etc. etc. etc.

Sophie was lost in thought when she suddenly heard a loud, "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" followed by the delighted screaming of children and lots of, "Get him! Get him!"s. She turned to see what was going on only to find Prince Fitz launching snowballs at the kids with a goofy looking grin on his face. He was very enthusiastic about it, taking on all the kids at once who banded together to try and take him down, even though they tended to miss him completely when throwing.

"Take that! And that! And That!" laughed the prince as he hastily made snowballs and threw them, "Sophie! Help me!"

Like someone had announced that she was carrying a giant basket of candy, all of the kids turned to her suddenly, their eyes wide orbs shining with excitement. Sophie gasped, and started running, gathering snow in her hands as best she could. Her legs may have been longer, but they weren't enough for her to have much time to stop and get snow to retaliate. They gained on her every time she gathered enough snow for a snowball, but eventually, Fitz ran up alongside her with an arm full of snowballs.