Epilogue: My Heart Will Go On

A/n: Sorry for not writing this chapter for so long! Thank you for waiting, though.

...

"Will you marry me, Emi?" proposed Kousei in front of all his friends and family, ten years later in a five-star restaurant in Tokyo. He's kneeling in front of her with an open red box. Inside it is a diamond ring.

He's a very successful pianist already. He's very known and popular all over the world. He's able to be internationally famous after he was able to win a World Prestigious Piano Competition when he was twenty-one years old. He was offered to study at Juilliard School after that. He finished college in that school. After he graduated, he had a lot of concerts everywhere. It was also good for him that he's articulate with a lot of languages which shocked a lot of his fans. He learned Chinese, English, Spanish, French, and Russian throughout so many years due to traveling a lot.

Emi has noticed how happy he is that she's with him all throughout his ups and downs. She's also happy that Kousei is fully recovered and happy already despite being an orphan.

"I'm thankful I have you and you never left my side, Emi," he told her.

Emi giggled. "Why would I leave you alone, Kousei? We've always been together since high school."

Kousei grinned too as he stands up. "So, do you accept my proposal?"

Emi took the shining diamond ring from the box. "This ring is really beautiful."

Kousei seems so confused by what Emi's doing.

She wore it herself and put it on her ring finger.

"You're not answering me," Kousei spoke up in worry.

"They say actions are louder than words. I wore the ring you bought for me. Isn't that enough answer?" she smiled at him.

Kousei was mesmerized once again by Emi's beautiful eyes. He touched Emi's cheeks and they kissed passionately again. He said to her after they kissed, "I was supposed to put that on your finger, you know?"

Emi chuckled. "I was too excited, Kousei. Thanks for the ring."

Takeshi went up to Kousei. "You're so lucky, Kousei! You got your girl!"

Kousei blushed as he hold her hand in front of all of them. "Well, I'm glad that she's my fiancé now."

Emi's cheeks became red.

Watari Ryota put his right shoulder on Kousei and gave him a bottle of champagne after that.

Kousei accepted it.

"Congratulations! Soon you won't be a bachelor. There won't be a time for you to have other girls around you," Watari Ryota greeted him joyfully.

He laughed at him after Emi joined Sawabe Tsubaki, Aiza Nagi and Seto Hiroko at the other side of the private room they rented inside the restaurant. "You know that I never looked at other girls."

"Of course! You're always loyal to Emi Igawa even if you have been all around the world," Takeshi spoke up. He took a wine at the table and drank up. "Really tasty wine. You really are influenced by European Culture. Even the wine is European. Have you ever tasted Sake, Kousei?"

"Well, it's the culture my biological father and mother showed me ever since I was young," he told them. "Sake's too strong for me."

"Talking about them, have you ever planned to be an Arima again? You've always been a Seto for ten years now, Kousei," Watari Ryota asked him.

Kousei looked down and smiled. "I know that mostly everyone expects me to be an Arima but if I choose to go back to that surname again, I would feel separate from my new family who supported me ever since I had become an orphan. I have my adopted sister, half-brother, and parents who love me. They are now my family."