Chapter 9

*Shawn's POV*

I told Angelica everything I know. And to be honest, I regretted it. I totally did. But it's also for my own safety.

Anyway, Angelica told me not to talk to Casey or I'll be abused like what happened earlier, everyday.

I felt like I was trapped inside a cage.

This was the worst threat that anyone could've ever imagined.

I didn't talk to anyone throughout the day, even Matt.

*Matthew's POV*

I was walking to the cafeteria with Shawn earlier at school, we were talking but a heartbeat later, he was gone. I don't know where he went but I didn't bother. A few moments later, I heard people gossiping.

"Did you hear that the new Canadian kid got beaten up?" I heard a girl said.

"Uh excuse me, sorry for bothering but, when did that happen?" I asked the girl, innocently.

"About 10 minutes ago." She replied.

"Okay. Thanks." I turned my heels away.

I saw a crowd was formed in the middle of the hallway. I pushed people away in order for me to see what the heck was going on.

I saw Shawn lying on the ground.

"Shawn!" I yelled. I was about to push another person, someone squeezed my arm.

"Shut up." A slutty-looking-whore said. I looked at her with confusion. "Your friend got beaten up so badly, my dear." She winked.

"Who are you?" I asked innocently.

"I'm Hillary. Hillary Gordon. It's nice to meet you, Matthew." She said.

"Uh yeah. So what happened to him?" I asked, again.

"Nothing. Angelica wants something from him. And whatever Angelica wants, she gets it right away." I looked at Shawn, he was now standing, yet weak. They walked outside the school campus. I tried to follow them, but a muscular guy stopped me.

"Fuck off." He said.

I quickly turned my heels away.

I grabbed some books from my locker when this Hillary girl went up to me.

"Hey Matthew. Don't talk to Casey or Skylar. Or you'll end up like Shawn." Then she kissed my cheek and left. I was left there standing alone, dumbfounded.

I can't just stop talking to the girls just like that.

They are my only friends. I don't want to end up getting beat up everyday, like I used to.

But if I keep on talking to them, I'd be dead.

---

Update yo. Yeah thank you for readingggg! :) It's a bit confusing bc I'm trying to let each character to tell what happened to them. Yeah anyway thank u again! <3 please vote and comment! x