Colorless Love

It was a rainy June evening, these were rare and the young man favored them. Cool and calming, quite a bit more soothing than the searing heat of an average day for this month. Jace clasped his umbrella tightly in had as he stepped along the pavement and examined the watered down city, puddles were scattered about filling the potholes in the road with rain and little drops of water dripped from gutters of homes and the edges of buildings.

It was...drab. If there was one word to describe this world he was walking through it would be colorless, everything was painted with a hint of grey. Of course, the occasional color would reach Jace's eyes and stand out among the darkened backdrop.

Beautiful.

That was how he would describe his home.

Despite the lack of color it continued to captivate him, it was a beautiful place afterall.

...

Something was lacking.

He couldn't place his finger on it though.

...He looked to his side, no one was there with him. No one was enjoying this grey-scaled world with him...

Was this the problem he was facing? Was this what was missing in his world?

No.

He'd been without someone for many years now, he didn't need anyone and he certainly did not want to walk down that path once again. It was...nice...when it began, but he never returned what the other wanted, he could never hold her the way she wanted. It was depressing almost, but it hurt more than anything. Even if he did love the women that they loved him, it still hurt to see them crumble before him. Their faces contorted as hideous tears ran down their cheeks.

And it was all his doing.

Jace's body suddenly was shoved down, water ran over him as the puddle splashed about him, there was a heavy panting near his face. He opened his eyes to stare into the mouth of someone else, at first he felt his heart-race. His face was going to get bitten off!

But the body on top of his stood, "S-Sorry!" It was a young boy, he sounded concerned, "I'm so sorry!" Jace's eyes met those blue-grey, dampened brown hair hung around them. Beautiful, it was what would fit this boy's face, he felt his own eyes widen. He wanted to reach out and run his slender fingers over that paled skin.

Handsome.

It would take his breathe away.

The teenage male inhaled slowly, he was faltering and he looked about to speak,

"Hey! Come back here thief!"

Those eyes flickered, they looked away and then they fled, Jace tried to get up quickly and follow, but his hurt back refused the action.

"Wait!" He called after him. The boy was gone though.

Slicked footsteps ran by him and splashed for water onto his already slick form, he sighed heavily as he stood slowly and took up his umbrella once again. This had ruined his walk, he'd not have to walk back home drenched. The image of the male was with him though, that face was hauntingly beautiful.

He wished to see it once again.

The teenage boy huddled closely to the slicked back wall in this wretched alley, he had to hide...He had to. The footsteps were echoing even louder now, they had almost caught him back there, hopefully they would pass away from this alley. He could hide, he could get dry....

His fingers clasped tighter to the stolen apples as the footsteps grew louder, he heard the voices, the alley carried them back. The boy held his breathe as he heard them, soon the steps started to start again. They were leaving, his breath exhaled.

"Thank-god."

He murmured, taking one of the apples from his pocket. He could feel it now, just how hollow his stomach was.

If his mother saw him now...Good thing she was gone.

Josiah ran his fingers over the smooth and red skin of the fruit...His mind wandered to the young man that called for him to wait.

What could that man have wanted? To take a hold of him and wait for the man to catch him?

...

Those hazel eyes were engraved in his mind now, Josiah had accidentally ran into the poor man...knocked him over...

Josiah swallowed loudly as he thought about that face that had looked so...so...captivated? He seemed like a gentle man, but that was how they all looked, right? Josiah wasn't sure why he was so focused on this man, he'd only ran into him!

Footsteps, the disturbed his thoughts, he slunk back and peered down to the open end of the alley. He waited and held his breathe, he was hoping that the man from before was not returning. An umbrella slipped around the edge, Josiah's eyes widened as the head of black hair appeared.

It was the man from before!

Without even thinking he called out, "Hey mister!"

Jace paused in his stride, his eyes widened at the sight of the boy, "Yes?"

"C-Can I come with you?!"

What was Josiah asking, this was ridiculous, completely. He didn't even know the man! Josiah grimaced, now that he had a better look at this man he took notice to the fact that this man wasn't in fact much older than he, give or take four years. The unease left him slightly, but the Jace man on the other hand appeared to be taken aback,

"With me?"

Josiah nodded his head slowly, Jace swallowed and blinked, "Yes. You may." He murmured back, the thieving boy grinned up at him as Jace started to walk. The teenage boy took his larger hand into his smaller one, "What's your name mister?"

"Jace..."

The soft patter of rain lessened on his umbrella until it became non-existent. Jace glanced now around the world, that grey-scaled look to it was fading as his fingers clasped tighter to the younger male's.

It was just a meeting.

Yet he didn't want to separate from this male.

"You?"

The boy was chuckling softly, "Josiah."

The world brightened then, colors began to splash along with the ran through puddles.

----

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SUZE.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS...INNOCENT(?) LITTLE STORY JUST FOR YOU! I wish there was more to it, heck i wish this was smut, but I wanted something more innocent, a sweet little gift for a sweet little girl, right? :)

hope your day was great, sorry this is a day late -is a slow writer- ; ;