Chapter 16: Fires of Revenge

Start from the beginning

"Every one of us got an invitation here." he said. "They led a trap for us."

"How can you be so sure, Aoba?" I asked.

"Well for one thing, it started with that guy, Ryuuhou. Those Morphine guys. And the two guys who look just like Clear." he said.

"You knew they were after you?" Noiz asked.

"Well, I'm pretty sure Toue wouldn't just let us get Oval Tower and stop his little "annaversary celebration."." I said.

"I still don't know why you guys got invitations." Aoba said. "Toue what's something with me, I get that."

Noiz sighed.

"And because of me you're all involved in this." Aoba said.

I heard footsteps.

"Because we wanted to be." a familiar voice said.

I turned around to see Koujaku. He seems to have healed pretty well.

"Koujaku. Are you okay now?" Aoba asked.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good." he put his hand on his head. "Still clearing the cobweps out. How's Clear doing?" he asked.

"It was a mess in there. But I really can't do a whole lot more in this amusement park." Noiz replied.

"Alright." Kou replied.

"So anyway. I don't deny that Toue is after you, but still..." Noiz stopped.

"But what?" Aoba asked.

"There's gotta be something else." Noiz said.

Aoba, Koujaku and I looked at him with a questioning look.

We decided to talk about this in the living room.

I sat down beside Aoba on the sofa. Koujaku sat on the second one while Noiz stood up.

"And when Morphine attacked us..." Noiz started.

That memory then came back.

(Recap)

"I TOLD YOU TO STOOOOOOP!!!" Aoba shouted. Or two voices did...

(Recab end)

"All those guys. They all just stopped, like they were somehow obeying every word you were saying to them." Noiz said.

Aoba looked away a little. "Well, yeah.." he said.

"And then, I heard a voice in my head. Telling me you were going to come inside." Noiz said.

Koujaku looked at him with concern.

"And then you were there." Noiz said.

Aoba looked a bit nervous to tell them about his power. So I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder and nodded. Telling him that it was alright.

"Yeah well, that was me using my Scrap power on you. That's how it's supposed to work." Aoba said.

I balled my hands up into a fist. Clutching onto my fingerless gloves.

I was supposed to keep an eye out for him.

"Scrap?" Noiz asked.

"Yeah, if I really feel like doing it, I can go inside someone's head and make them do anything that I want." Aoba explained. "All I have to do to learn everything about someone, is to force my own thoughtstream into their unconscious mind at any time."

It was silent for a bit.

"So that's what you were doing." Koujaku said.

"Yeah. I didn't know how to control my power when I wound up mind to mind with Mizuki. And then...."