Chapter 3: First Day

(Y/n's POV)

The next morning I woke up to something on my cheek.

I opened my eyes to see Ren licking my cheek and saying my name over and over again.

"R-Ren? What are you doing in here?", I asked, my voice groggy and scratchy.

"Its time to get up, Aoba's making breakfast. You're starting your first day.", he said.

"Oh, right." I said, putting my head back down on my pillow. "Tell Aoba I'll be down in a minute.", I said, patting his head.

He needed and hopped off my bed and left.

I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes. I looked at my watch. 6:50 a.m.

I got up and hit dressed. I put on a red shirt with some black torn jeans with my casual shoes.

I brushed my hair and teeth.

I walked down the stairs to see Ms. Tae and Aoba in the kitchen.

"Good morning.", Aoba said with a gentle smile.

"Morning.", I said, sitting down at the table.

He took a plate and put it in front of me on the table.

"Here.", he said.

"Arigato." I said.

I put my hands together.

"Thank you for the meal." we said in unison.

I took a bite of the food.

"Aoba, this is amazing! Thank you!" I said, smiling at him.

"You're welcome" he said.

~(Time Skip after breakfast)~

"Bye Grandma!", Aoba called, closing the door of his house, me by his side.

"Well, let's go.", he said.

"Where's Ren?", I asked.

He chuckled a small bit.

"He's in here.", he said zipping open his small shoulder bag. Ren popped his head out.

"Aww! I can't get over how cute Ren is." I said rubbing Ren's head.

And off we went.

~(Time Skip)~

"We're here!" Aoba said.

"What is this place?" I said, looking at the unusual building.

"This is Junk Shop Mediocrity. It doesn't look like much but, trust me. You'll like it.", he said with a gentle tone, a tone that I can trust.

I blushed a little.

"Alright." I said with a closed-eyed smile.

I followed him into the shop, when we entered I saw that there was some old stuff in boxes and selves, and a computer on a desk. It is a little messy but, I can deal with it.

"So, where do you work at?" I asked.

"Right here, I'm the first beautiful face that people see when they first walk into the shop." He said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Yeah right, I bet I'm prettier than you!" I said, smirking. "With all that hair, people will think you're a girl!" I said, laughing at the end. I took a piece of is hair in my hand,but that caused him to flinch and grab my wrist.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Uh...did I hurt you?" asked, worried he might get mad. "Wait, does it really hurt when someone touches your hair?" I asked, quite surprised.