Flashbacks, 3 part 2

'So, what are we doing today?' Malia asked as she rolled over in the bed. 'Something different to the fair.' He said as he dragged a moaning Malia to her feet. 'I don't like how you always force me to get up' she murmured. He smiled and said 'but you still like me.'

The two of them got on a train which Scott had booked before, 'seriously, can I even have a hint at what we're doing?' Malia asked. Scott shook his head and said 'if I did that then it wouldn't be that much of a surprise would it?' Malia conceded and leaned against his shoulder as she asked 'why do you always make me feel safe' she asked quietly. Scott positioned his head so it was on hers 'because I understand you Malia, I understand you and I love you.' She smiled and said,
'Hmm... I think I understand that.'

Scott led her off the train and held his hands against her eyes. She moved forward, left and right before he stopped her. She could faintly hear people talking and some rushing sound. 'OK, you can open your eyes now.' Scott said as he took his hands away. She opened her eyes and saw a line of shimmering blue. 'A beach?' She said stunned. 'You've taken me to a beach.' She said. 'Yep, I mean I know you've not been to one in a lot of years so I thought you should go to one now.' He said. She smiled happily at him. She went off to buy some swimwear from a local shop as the two of them got changed and headed for the water with Malia leading Scott with her hand entwined with his.

She reached down and touched the cool water. 'It's incredible how this seashore leads into an ocean hundreds of times its size.' She said to Scott. He nodded along with what she was saying. 'We should enjoy it whilst it lasts.' He said. 'Do you still know how to swim?' He asked her. She scoffed as she dived into the water and swam along the shore. He followed as he chased her. They played about, splashing water at each other and grabbing the other until they had to go and get changed again.

He stared at her as she came out of the water. Her skin was wet and reflected the rays of sunlight. Her hair dripping with water and swishing slightly with every step. The curve of her body from place to place. The bright glow of her brown eyes. She broke him out of his daze by saying 'enjoy the view?' She asked. He blushed slightly but said 'very.'