Little Witch • D. Salvatore

The little girl held onto her mother's hand as the casket was being pulled into the ground as she held in her tears. She didn't know what had happened and many people were standing around the smaller family and her Uncle Harry was their as well. He held a stern face as her eyes looked up at him, then her widowed mother as tears kept falling from her eyes.

"Mommy?" She questioned softly as the woman sniffled and looked down at her daughter.

"Y-yes Athena?" She croaked and the little girl looked over the freshly made rose that was over her mother's grave.

"When will Mommy be back?" She asked and Hermione's heart broke in two as she looked at her daughters eyes and shook her head while she kneels down.

Harry tried so very hard not to cry, only letting a tear fall. "Baby, Mommy will never come back." She breathed out and Athena's eyes watered.

"But I want her to. She never got to say goodbye." She cried and hugged her mother tightly allowing her sons to rack her small body.

Harry sniffled and cleared his throat. "We need to get you to the safe house." He whispered and Hermione's took in a deep breath.

"Alright, lets go." She mumbled and the sorrow filled family went off.

<>•<>•<>

7 Year's Later

The girl packed her bag one last time as she sighed and heard the zipper sound off a loud squeak and she grabbed the handles as it warmed up her cool skin and she walked down the stairs. Her brown hair was put into a messy bun and her dark mocha eyes held no emotion as she was down the stairs and saw her mother being cradled by Draco and Harry and Ginny were holding each other.

The safe house wasn't safe anymore, it's been too long, too quiet, and Hermione's knew that her daughter was being hunted. She walked over to the woman as she placed a hand in her shoulder. "Mom?" She asked and Hermione sniffled as she blinked her tears out of her eyes and looked over her daughter one last time.

She placed a hand on her right cheek and smiled sadly. "Did you get everything? Your wand?" She asked and the girl nods her head.

"Yes Mom." She mumbled and the woman nods her head and feels her eyes start to water again. She wrapped her arms around her daughters figure and she sighed as she looked over Draco who had puffy red eyes as well.

The girl mouthed 'Thank You' and he nods his head. She pulled away from her mother and the woman sighed.

"You know what to do. Call, Owl, anything every month." She told her and the young girl nods her head. "And if we don't answer-"

"Don't come back." She whispered as Hermione nods her head.

"Good." She murmured and kissed her cheek.

"I love you." She told her and the girl hugs her mother back one last time.

"I love you too." She whispered and they let go as Athena said goodbyes to the rest of her family as she walked to the taxi cab and sat down, getting ready to go to Mystic Falls, Virginia.

<>•<>•<>•

< Edited >