Chapter Fifty-Eight: Sir Galahad

100k reads and 4.79k votes is just wow - thank you very much.

And this is where the episode starts to change. Enjoy!

******

Funnily enough Gwen and Morgana, even Hunith were not surprised to see Arthur with the group in the morning - they were a little more surprised by Leon's presence. Once introductions had been made the group had sent off once again for Ealdor unsure of what they were to find when they got to the small outlying village. The group were just making their way out of the woods that were to the North of Ealdor when they heard panicked screams. Kanen was in the village.

Immediately, Merlyn kicked Major into a sprint with Arthur quickly following her example. The horses barrelled down the hill into the village where a man Merlyn recognised as Matthew was on his knees whilst some older man with a scar running across his right eye and down his face held an axe above him. Grabbing her sai Merlyn threw it at Kanen. The sai sailed through the air and sliced Kanen's hand causing the man to drop the axe seconds after he was shocked by a short sword lodging itself into the pole beside him. Merlyn's head snapped around to find Arthur behind her. He had thrown the short sword! Quickly the pair dismounted, their horses barely coming to a standstill, their respective weapons at hand.

"Kill them!" Kanen ordered, anger clearly running through his body. Soon enough Kanen's men stopped searching for the grain the village had hid and bolted for the new arrivals. Arthur, Leon and Morgana quickly found themselves locked in sword battles with the bandits. Meanwhile men surrounded Merlyn and the young witch found herself against three bandits at once. It was at this moment that Merlyn really wished she hadn't thrown her other sai.

Merlyn was overwhelmed instantly. Whilst at first she was able to keep them at bay soon enough she found one arm in the grasp of a bandit, one sword was locked in her sai whilst the other bandit was holding his sword to her throat. She was seconds from having her throat slit. Struggling against them all, Merlyn saw no other option. She was seconds from being killed.

"Hætende." Her eyes glowed golden which caused a strong spell to overtake the swords of the bandits. Quickly, the metal of the swords began to heat up, even glowing red with the high temperature. All the bandits began screaming as the metal burned their hands. With the bandits distracted Merlyn was able to shove them away from her, kicking one, stealing the now cool sword off another and flipping the third over her shoulder and onto the floor. Using the stolen sword, Merlyn stabbed two of the bandits before she span around to find the last one falling. As he fell Merlyn found a very special person stood with a bloody sword. She should have known he would save her.

"Galahad" Merlyn breathed in relief. The man had not changed. He was an older man with a black and white beard but his age clearly had not halted the man's sword skills. "Still know how to swing your sword then." Galahad laughed heartily at Merlyn - most of the bandits were running for the woods by that point so the two saw no danger in talking.

"Aye with the best of them" Galahad said pointedly. He would not have anyone say he couldn't swing a sword. Knowing the fight was over, Galahad sheathed his sword. Suddenly Kanen's voice echoed around the village.

"You'll pay for this with your lives! All of you!" he shouted from on top of his horse that began stamping away. Merlyn had never seen a man scarper off so quickly. Unable to herself, Merlyn snickered at the barbarian before she moved over to where her first sai lay, the tip running with Kanen's blood.

"I hear you're skivvying for some prince, eh?" Galahad questioned with a smirk as he followed the witch.

"No. I wouldn't say I'm a skivvy" Merlyn denied immediately, swinging around to face Galahad with a look of disbelief. She wasn't a skivvy ... just a servant. However, that just happened to be the moment Arthur decided to perk up.