Chapter 1- Going To Hogwarts

Double The Trouble Chapter 1

1975

Ashton

I slowly crept into my mother's room with my wand in hand. I stopped when she moved around in her queen size bed. When she didn't wake up, I quickly went up to her side and lightly placed my wand at her temple.

"Ani--"

"Finish that spell and I'll have to kill you." My mother, Margaret Carmichael, pointed her wand at me in a heartbeat.

"Dang it." I sighed and left her room.

"If you think that changing my mind will get you to Hogwarts, you've got another thing coming." Mother yelled after me.

"I knew it wouldn't work." Jaden Carmichael, my older twin sister, said as I passed by her room in our small manor.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes as went into my turquoise, red, gold and cream. The room was designed to look like a theater-- a stage. A gold star was on the door so it was like going backstage. A stage was next to the walk-in closet. The stage was small and with the wave of my wand it could disappear or become larger. Quotes and sayings were printed into the cream walls with gold or turquoise paint.

"What did she say?" Kaden Carmichael, my older cousin, asked as she popped her head into my door.

"She almost cursed me when I tried to curse her." I said nonchalantly.

"You tried to curse Auntie Maggie?" Kaden gasped. "What is wrong with you? Have you gone mad?"

"Of course she has," My oldest and only brother, Blake Carmichael, snorted as he passed by. "That little thing is stupid."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

"Pack your things, Ashton." Mother ordered.

"Why?" I snapped.

"Because you and Jaden are going to London with Kaden," Mother said. We all did a double take at her words. "You heard me right. Get packed. You are leaving tomorrow."

It took me a second to comprehend what she said before I waved my wand a few times. Suitcases and trunks zoomed out of the closet and clothes from dressers and the closet. Two backpacks were filled with little trinkets such as favorite books, jewelry and things like that. I put my snow owl, Snow, into her cage.

"Having fun?" Kaden asked as she leaned against my door. I was waving my wand like a constructor's stick.

"Yes. Yes, I am," I laughed before sitting on my bed. "When are we leaving?"

"Tomorrow at 6AM. We'll be Flooing over to my flat." Kaden answered. For the last seven years Kaden has lived in London, England because she got her letter to Hogwarts six years ago. She's now a seventh year and has a total British accent. She rarely comes home to New Orleans but when she does Jaden and I always follow her around to perfectly mimic her accent.

"Okay. See you in the morning." I smiled.

"Later, Ashton." Kaden left my room, closing the door behind her. I looked around at all of my things, making sure I had everything I'd need in England.

I let out a small squeal of joy. I was finally going to Hogwarts after four years of begging Mother to go. Jaden and I received acceptance letters to Hogwarts when we were eleven, but Mother wanted us to stay in New Orleans to attend school at Benjamin Franklin Wizardry School. Ben Frank was an uncover wizard that Muggles just loved. It's the best wizardry school in New Orleans.

Now, at fifteen years old, I was finally going to my school of course, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi my angels!

I'm a Potterhead! I looove Harry Potter and had to write a Harry Potter fanfiction!

So I originally wrote this on a website called Quotev.com, but never finished it. Now, since I'm so in love with Wattpad😍❤️, I've decided to post it on here! Hopefully I have some Harry Potter fans?

Yes this is set in 1975 and there's a reason for it.

If you aren't a Harry Potter fan (haven't read the books or watched the movies) tell me if you don't understand a term. And if you just happen to be British, I'd love if you'd message me British slang or things that I got wrong or things I did that were insulting. So yeah!😁

Vote. Comment. Follow. Please.

Love ya,

LilBlackAngel