C h a p t e r ➸ 29

A little short chapter but I find it cute I am proud of it. And I find it strange that I'm writing about Valentine's Day in December????

~

It was Valentine's Day and Kaji had thought long and hard on what she was going to do on this day. She had a rather restless night which left room for her mind to go wild with ideas and worries.

As she hurried along the sidewalk to school she carried with her a small box. The box had been originally plain white but Kaji had gotten bored and had doodled and colored all over it, giving it a new multi colored look. She held the box tightly between her pale fingers, she just hoped that she would run into Karma before they got anywhere near school.

As if on cue Karma appeared and Kaji quickened her pace to catch up with him. She could feel her heart racing.

"Good morning, Kaji-chan," he said as Kaji caught up with him. His eyes wondered down to the box she was holding. "And what is that for?" He said, he sounded very interested.

"For you, actually," Kaji said, feeling her hands grip the box even more.

"Oh really?" Karma said with a smirk, "are you giving me a valentine?"

"In a way." Kaji stopped in her tracks, as did Karma, he turned to face her seeing her cheeks were slightly red.

"It's more like a promise." Karma was very interested now.

A few moments of silence passed between them. "What kind of promise?" Karma asked, his voice was low.

Kaji felt her cheeks heat up even more. "I-," she paused, trying to catch her breath and her thoughts. "I want to give up on being a assassin, but, I can't do it alone." Kaji held the box out for Karma. "And I want you to help me." Karma took the box and opened it, inside was a necklace. It was a small blue crystal, a cheap fake one, on a chain. The crystal was practically the same color as Kaji's eyes.

"If you accept the necklace then you are promising me that you will help me give up on my assassin ways." Hearing it out loud Kaji found it rather cheesy. She lowered her eyes to the ground.

Karma smiled and chuckled slightly, causing Kaji to look back up. "How cute," he said. He then picked up the necklace and threw it over his head, he reached up and held the small crystal in his hand.

Kaji felt her cheeks burn red, but she smiled slightly. Her eyes shown brightly with thanks.

Karma held out his free hand to Kaji. She took his hand and their fingers intertwined. His hand was warm.