Chapter 71 - The Lost Twin

Baekhyun

I stand in front of the door for almost 10 minutes. My hands grab the door to open but I just can't open the door. It was unlock because the nurse was inside there to feed her. She was at special ward which is not many people there. It must Uncle transfered her here of she told him to do so?

I look inside through the tiny window at the door. There was a tiny curtain that prevent me to see inside but fortunately it was transparent. I can see she was eating the food near the window.

What uncle said before come to my mind.

'She was alone. She didn't have anyone beside her to share her pain and scar. '

Yes. Uncle was right. She was alone and she was afraid.

It was right. Kim Miyoon was her mother. What happened to her mother before was happening to her now. Locked at hospital. Kim Miyoon was forced locked in this room but she wanted to be locked in this room. There was a different between her and her mother. But both of them are the victim of the President Kang's greed who they called husband and.....father.

I see the nurse was walking towards the door. Outside, she smiling at me and told me I can go inside. Since I was this hospital's owner 's nephew, I get the permission to go inside and meet her. At first, I didn't want to but Uncle told me to see by my own eyes the truth Hyekyo which is he already told me but I did hesitated to trust.

And so here I am. Tried to see the real Hyekyo. I bowed to the nurse and when she was gone, I peeks inside the room and see Hyekyo was looking outside the window. I take a deep breath and slowly pulled the sliding door and go inside the room. I walks slowly towards him. I guess she did not noticed me inside the room because she was not remove her eyes from looking outside the window.

I do fake cough to draw her attention and it's working. As soon as her eyes meet mine, any words cannot get out voice my throat.

The face that I didn't see for almost a month. The face that always catch my attention. The face that didn't have any expression is now looking at me. She was pale like a corpse, her eyes looks weak and her lips was white. Her chest long hair was neatly brushed but I can tell she look awful right now.

I was too shocked to see her like this. You can say it was my very first time see her like this. Weak and pale.

I cannot move my eyes from her looking into her eyes. I just stunned looking at her. Am I missing her? Am I missing Kang Hyekyo? Am I?

She also did not look away and look right into my eyes. After almost 10 minutes our eyes met, I do fake a cough to break the silent. I realized she also look away and turn to outside the window. I sit awkwardly on the chair in front of her where the nurse sit just now.

"L-Long t-time no see", I said awkwardly.

She did not answered or look at me.

"H-How was your condition?", once again, I tried to talk to her.

And again, she didn't answered or look at me.

I can't find any word to talk. Without I noticed, I look at her again. I can't denied that she still look beautiful even though her face was pale and her lips was white. I can see slightly her bruise near her lips. Maybe the effect from her father's slap.

She do look normal. But I know she feel awful inside. Well, you can say she was traumatized but Hyekyo is still Hyekyo. She did not tell people by her face. She look calm but I know she was did not, inside her.

Suddenly, she turns to me. Once again, our eyes meet. What Uncle said is coming inside my head.

'We can't know the person until we reach their heart. '

'We didn't understand her because we didn't sincerely want to understand her'.

I'm determine now. I want to understand her. Not because I want to get rid of her but I sincerely want to understand her. I want to reach her heart so that I will know Hyekyo. The real Hyekyo.

Baekhyun's uncle.

"Yes, come in", I said as soon the door was knocked from outside.

Manager Park was coming with a file in his hand. He put the file in front of me and told me to sign the document. I read the document and sign on it after agreed with what written on it. I gave back to Manager Park.

"Chairman, there's someone want to meet you."

"I believe I didn't have any appointment today."

"I know but he said he's someone related to a patient named Kang Hyekyo."

Someone related to Kang Hyekyo? Who's he might be?

"Tell him to come in."

Manager Park bowed to me and get out. A minute later, the door was knocked from outside. I said him to come in. When the door was opened, I can see his face, someone who related with Kang Hyekyo.

I was stunned. He is someone who related with Kang Hyekyo?

"Nice to meet you, Chairman Byun", he said while smiling.

I'd try to be calm and offered him to sit.

"So, what is President Byun's assitant come here for?", I said as I look into his eyes. He is smiling.

"Well, you can say I come here to visit my sick's noona", he said.

"Who is you-...," I look at him, shocked with what I heard. I see he is smiling.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Kang Heechan. Kang Hyekyo's twin but most likely her younger brother since I was late five minutes."

Kang Hyekyo's brother is Pesident Byun's assistant? Are this possible? He is the lost twins, Kang Hyekyo's brother, Kang Heechan?