Chapter 56 - Opening ceremony

Hyekyo

I look at the dark sky. It's already night. After the school time end, my leg brought me at Hangang (Han River). The dark sky with the breeze make my body freezing. Since I was wearing school uniform and of course, a skirt, my leg can't stay still but moving because of the breeze. I sigh. 

Tomorrow...As he said, tomorrow he will get BaekSang and reveal everything. It's mean everything will end. I have a thought about it. What I'm gonna do after all of this end? Am I gonna be free or am I still his dog? 

Everything..everything..it will end tomorrow.....

Before

"14 years ago, I'm the one who killed your grandfather."

As what I expected.....

"I didn't have any choice, right? He abused me and even tried to kill me. Even though I'm his daughter. And that time, I was out of my mind."

"That time? Then, you mean you're not now?"

"Everyone's moving on, right? I got treatment thanks to this son of mine here", she said while patted his back.

"Ah, before I forget. Call him Hyejoon. He's your brother anyway."

"Hyejoon?"

"Yeah, I know. Like a girl's name. She name me like that thought that I'm a girl", he said after a long silent.

"I didn't ask that, though", I said with a cold voice.

"I don't know my action would turned you into this kind of person.'

"What do you mean?"

"Kang Dongbaek forced me to gave you to him so that he could get BaekSang long time ago. So I did. That time, I'm still, you know. Trauma, revenge, mad, crazy and other stuff. I can't think straight. I gave you to him so that I would revenge to my father, your grandfather. I'm losing my mind whenever I thought about the abuse, the hand of his slapping me and his leg kicking me off. I'm still remembered it even now. How's that feel...I'm still feeling it inside of me."

She suddenly look at me with those eyes. She walk near me and her action by rubbing my cheek make me quite surprised.

"It took me so long to see you this close. To touch you. To hug you. To... tell you that I'm so sorry."

I just let her rub my cheek. It's not like I'm still surprised but I... want it..

"I know he abuse you like my father did to me. If I know he'll do that, I would never hand you to him."

"But, you did."

She quite shocked with my word and smile.

"Yeah, you're right. I did and I would never can turn it back anymore. It's already happen and he make you like me long time ago. A cold-heart person and cruel. I know it's funny if I said that I don't want you to become like me but I guess I said it already. Now, Hyejoon-ah, it's time for us to go."

She take her bag on the chair before I'm calling her.

"I want to know why you suddenly appeared and why you didn't appeared as yourself in front of me at the first time? And why....why are telling me all of this?"

"Well, I know it will cracked you up but just bear it. I did that because I want to meet you."

She said and her eyes looks teary.

"I can't just appeared in front of you and called myself as your mom after what Kang Dongbaek had done to you. Remember when I told you that I've stalked you a long time ago when I was Geurim ajumma? It's true. I stalked my on daughter. To make sure you're fine and always be."