Chapter 65 - Tired

Chanyeol

I sit uncomfortably on the chair. It's been 3 hours since Hyekyo was brought into surgery room. The nurse come out from the surgery and go back inside there for many times already but the surgery still not end yet.

Hyekyo must be critical state. When I arrived at the scene with Yoojoung, she was showered with blood. Her white hoodie turned red due to the bleeding nonstop. She might lost many amount of blood.

I looks at Baekhyun. He didn't said anything since the Hyekyo was brought to the hospital. He must be shocked. He heard the loud sound of the gun when it was fired. I looks at his calm face but I know, in bottom of his heart, he worried about Hyekyo.

After a couple of hours later, the doctor come out from the surgery room. He looked exhausted. Who will not tired when the surgery ran 5 hours?

"Doctor, how's my friend? Is she okay?" I rushed to him and asked him.

"The patient's condition was critical but we managed to get out 7 bullets from her. Her ribs also cracked as well. But fortunately, she does not have any inside injury. The surgery was succeed but I'm afraid to give any hope to you. Let's pray she will awake soon", he said and left.

I thanked and bow to him. I let out a heavy sighed. '7 bullet he said, is Hyekyo a robot?'. I was half worried and amazed on how Hyekyo still managed to alive after 7 bullet hot into her body. If I at her place, I don't think I can survive that long. I think I would died on the scene. Not just me but maybe to anybody in this world. She has strong physical defend.

It's not like I was not happy she survive but she really strong. Anyway, it's a relief. We still have a hope. She might awake soon. She must. I turns back to see Baekhyun but the chair was empty.

"Yoojoung-ah, do you see Baekhyun? Is he here just now?"

"I don't know. Maybe he going to the toilet. His shirt full with blood."

I just nods at her answer. Hope he will fine.

Baekhyun

I looks at myself on the mirror. My shirt full with blood. Hyekyo's blood. I noticed my hand keep trembling since I brought Hyekyo to hospital and it still trembling hard. My body was shaking and I was sweaty. I washed my trembling hands that full with Hyekyo's blood. I watered my shirt and get rid of the blood but it still not erased.

After tried erased the blood a few times, it still didn't clean well, I gave up. I washed my face. I feel like my heart was beating nonstop and it was hurt. I feel like nervous on something but I don't know what is it. My hand kept trembling and my head was hurt. My body shakes and I just can't calm myself right now.

I look myself in the mirror. Hyekyo's blood still on my shirt. I let out a heavy sigh. I take a breath deeply and let it out.

'Right. Doctor said she will be fine. Nothing's going wrong. She will be fine. It's okay, Baekhyun-ah. You don't have to worry to much. '

I decided to go outside to take some fresh air. At the lobby, I see a lot of patience sitting in front of the television. I look at the news. No wonder. The news about president Kang and Hyekyo is on it. I look at outside the hospital and there's a lot of reporters waiting outside.

I then decided to go back at Chanyeol and Yoojoung. When I arrive there, both of them sit on the chair with worried expression. I walked near them.

"Aren't you guys go home? It's already late."

"U-Uh. I-I think I'll just stay here. Both of you can go. I'll wait here", said Yoojoung.

"No. I'll stay here. You guys just go home", said Chanyeol.

I sit beside them when they still arguing who will stay.

"I'll stay."

Both of them look at me.

"I'll stay so you guys can go now. Both of you must be tired. Just go and take a rest. I'll wait here. 3 of us can't go inside anyway so it just waste of time for 3 people waiting here so just go."

"B-Baekhyun-ah........."

"Go quickly. It's late."

After a bit argument, both of them agreed with me staying here. They both go back and decided to come back tomorrow. I called Mom and tell her everything. She let me stay. After the call, I asked the nurse to go inside and she let me in.

As I come inside the room, I see Hyekyo lied down on the bed helpless. I walked near her and sit on the chair beside her. I look at the face of her. Full of scar and bruise like she was getting beat. President Kang must hit her when he brought her to the building. Doctor also said that her rib kind of cracked.

I grab my fist. A girl with a lot of bruise and scar on her body. I don't know how she handle all of this all this time. I feel guilty when keep point finger to her for all her father doing. No wonder she was like that. Cold and looks like she already...... dead..

Her heart already dead.....

Chanyeol

"Go inside. It's cold."

I said to Yoojoung. She nods.

"H-Hyekyo........s-she will be fine, right?"

I look at her and let a sigh.

"I also don't know. Doctor said the surgery was going well but he didn't make sure she will lost unconscious. Let just pray she will wake up soon."

"Let's do that", she said and go inside the house.

I walked to the house and had a thinking a bit. She must be fine. She will wake up soon. She will be fine.

Right, Hyekyo-ah?

Hyekyo

I slowly opened my eyes. My whole body was hurt. My head was heavy. Slowly, my mind remembering what happened before. I walked out from the room.

My heart..... It feel like it will explode. It's hurt. Very hurt. My mind keep blanking myself that I didn't even noticed where my leg brought me.

The strong wind hitting my face and the snow keep dropping nonstop make me noticed that I was on the hospital rooftop. My leg keep bring me until the very end of the rooftop edge.

I look at the scenery. Seoul scenery. It was sparkling and bright. I look at the sky. It was no light and dark. Just like my heart. Dark and cold. I close my eyes and feel the coldness hitting me. I let out a heavy sigh and open my eyes.
Disgusting.

That's what I feel right now. I'm just....tired. Tired with all everything. What happened 14 year ago,Han Jaesil, Kim Miyoon, President Kim, BaekSang and........that man.

I'm tired with all of this. The more it exposed the more I become weak.. The more I know the more my heart feel heavy. I'm sick with these thing. I want to run away. Run further away where no one can find me. I didn't feel hurt with the shot scar.

Let's just go. I don't want to know what happened back then and I don't want to related with any of them anymore. Enough. It's enough now.

I....... I...... I...
..........can't take it anymore..... I... I... I..
can't do this anymore...

Right.... Let's just end this. I'm tired. I'm just tired that I can't even move my fingers anymore.

Slowly, I climb the defender and ready to jump over it. I closes my eyes.

Goodbye........... everything........