My eyes widened at his question, and suddenly I brought the notebook closer to my chest.

“It’s really bad. I didn’t understand the lesson, at all,” I told him. Truth was, both my worksheet and my notes were blank.

I had been too busy waiting for Aaron to show up at the diner, I hadn’t bothered to try and work any of the problems.

“C’mon, let me have a look,” he said, outstretching his hand.

He was trying to take it away, but I was keeping it out of reach- or more exactly, I was keeping it attached to my chest.

“I promise I won’t laugh- too much,” he told me.

“What the?” Aaron asked, pointing at something behind me.

When I turned to look where he was pointing at, he snatched the notebook from me.

“I can’t believe you fell for that,” he said, giving me his trademark grin.

I rolled my eyes, but immediately felt my face warm up when he got a look at my worksheet.

“Where’s your work?” He asked, sounding confused.

“Uh…” I muttered, not really having an answer. There was no work. In the two hours I’d been there, no work at all had gotten finished.

“Uh…” He mocked me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, which only made him laugh.

“Relax, I know this stuff. It’s okay to ask for help, you know. You could’ve just told me you really had no idea what Calculus is, and I would’ve understood,” he told me, shrugging.

“I know what Calculus is. I just hadn’t gotten to start my homework yet,” I told him, as I snatched my notebook back from his hands.

“Oh really? Let’s see you do the first problem then,” he told me, as he handed me a mechanical pencil from his pocket.

“I can do it,” I told him, as I grabbed a lined paper, and started scribbling down numbers.

I had no idea what I was doing.

Ten minutes later, the page filled up with nonsense numbers, I looked up at Aaron.

He was grinning. I wondered if he ever got tired of smiling so much.

“You are so lost,” he told me, while chuckling.

I rested my forehead on the table, with more force than necessary.

“You don’t have to hurt yourself because you’re not great in math. It happens to all of us,” Aaron said. He looked serious, but his friendly expression made me feel slightly better.

“It happens to everyone except you. Seriously, you’re like a math whiz,” I told him.

He chuckled, as he shook his head, making his hair settle differently.

“If I don’t know numbers, then I have no business near computers,” he told me.

Two hours later, and we were finally finished with my homework. I was free to go to my apartment. Aaron had actually encouraged me to go and sleep, since I’d worked hard. He’d been the one to mainly do all the homework, but with how frustrated I acted, I was sure he thought I was annoyed.

I wasn’t. There were some problems that I knew how to do.

Staring at him talk, while he explained something- it was almost hypnotizing.