Pieces || 01

Now I'm tryin' go make sense of what little remains

__________________

Liam's POV

"Payne, the potential assistant is here." I sighed heavily as I continued reading out a contract between myself and a company in California.

"Send her home Samuels." I called out, there was a moment of silence and all that could be heard were the murmurings of two voices. Quickly those hushed sounds turned into heels clicking against the floor and in came, from what I assume, a angry Andy Samuels.

"You can't keep doing that Liam." He criticized as he paced back in forth in front of my desk, his hands held tightly behind his back as his sand hair fell in front of his face.

"Do what?" I questioned not really wanting to admit the fact that I did send the poor woman home purposely. Instead of giving him the satisfaction, I decided to act completely oblivious on what he was referring to.

"You can't keep sending people home like that! You need to face the fact that she isn't coming fucking back." He bellowed out now gripping the seat in front of him until his knuckles had turned white. I sighed setting the pages down to stare at the frazzled man.

I stood up and calmly walked towards the huge, floor to ceiling window looking into the city. "What makes you think I'm saving this position for her? I just don't feel like having another assistant so soon Mr. Samuels."

What I hate to admit is that he's right. Ever since the Arabic goddess walked out of my life, I haven't been the same since. Many would say that I changed for the better while others may think that I changed for the worse.

And by others, I just mean Andy.

Since the day she left me in the diner, Andy has became somewhat of a best friend of mine. Through the past 6 months, he's been helping me get back on my feet and making sure the once warm heart of mind turned frozen solid. Given, he would never replace the bond that Zayn and I once had, but he was a great replacement for that role. Although, he didn't support me in many of my decisions, he's still here and I'm entirely grateful for that.

One decision he never agreed with was that I refused to get another assistant. Something deep down inside me believes that one day, Bahira and I could possibly work out our differences and maybe, just maybe she'll be back.

I also wanted to clean up my image. I no longer wanted to be known as the sleazy corporate asshole who sleeps with all his female employees. And for some reason, Andy felt as though I'm "settling", that I'm doing too much to please a woman who doesn't want me. But I remember that day, and if I did everything she said, I know I'll have her back.

_____________

"You know what Liam." She said gazing out of the window. "I can't even say that I'm mad at you. I can't say that I hate you, because every time you hurt me, the less I will cry and the more I will see my worth. Just like every time you'd leave me to go home to Cheryl, the quicker my tears would dry. And every time you walk out from just fucking Perrie or one of her little friends, the less I found myself loving you."