Chapter 6: Whatever Is Best

Start from the beginning

"Nah, me too," Mike admits, nodding his head in agreement.

"She kinda yelled at me at the party. She was definitely not happy, almost annoyed," I voiced out.

"Aha! My theory is so right then!" Michael shouts out randomly, displaying a huge proud smile.

Me and Zachary stared at him, waiting for him to elaborate.

"Oh yeah, I didn't tell you. Well, I saw a picture on Facebook with Tate sucking face with Kimberly," he says, scrunching up his nose.

"Damn, she must feel really hurt. Michael if we ever break up and you suck face with another guy in less than a week and post a picture of it, I'll fuck you up!" He seriously says, pointing a finger at Michael.

"Psst, I would never! That's child play. I would just send you a direct video of me sucking-"

"Lalalala! Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!" I screamed, shutting my eyes and placing my hands hard against my ears.

"Sorry for that," Zachary tells me while prying my hands off my ears, "looks like I need to punish him some more for him to understand discipline," Zachary smirks at Michael.

I shiver at what he was possibly thinking inside his head.

Hand. Pickle. Rub. My cruel inner voice whispered.

Ew no.

I shook my head vigorously and cleared any disturbing thoughts. I think I need less of Michael and Zachary, they're my closest friends, but sometimes they can be too much.

"Alright, alright, I think I'm going to head out and have a talk with Alice," I smiled, slugging on my right backpack strap.

"Fine, leave us be, bitch," Michael deviously grins, waving me to go.

I don't hesitate to run offstage and into a small aisle leading to a side door.

***

I looked down into my hand held basket and realized I had a lot of junk food. I have two jars of Nutella for me and Alice, a pack of kit-kats and reese's cups, and mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Everything needed to help my bff get through a rough breakup.

I started to walk towards the register, rummaging through my basket for my wallet.

Not the smartest thing to do, like do you want your wallet stolen or something? My deep inner voice snapped.

I blew out a sharp breath and brung my eyes back up. I could no longer see as I collided with a chest, the grip I had on the handle of my basket loosen and then altogether let go.

Instinctively, I jerked back, losing my balance in the process. Two strong hands wrapped around my waist firmly, keeping me up straight. In the process of everything going on, I gripped the stranger's arm.

"Annalise, babe, don't go falling for me anytime soon," a familiar deep voice teased.

Looking up, I realized it was, "Noah?"