Starting Off

Chapter 1

Tris P.O.V

I wake up in my apartment in Washington D.C. Today is like any other day. Wake up, brush my teeth, TRY to brush my hair, get dressed in my uniform, eat breakfast, and catch criminals. I'm not your typical girl. My whole life I have been trying to find the person who killed my mother.

I walk into headquarters and I swear I am going to beat my assistant if she hasn't brought me my coffee.

"Hey Tris? Chief Daniel wants to see you in his office."

"K I'll be there in a minute." I pick up the folder on my desk and see it has a picture of a young girl with a bag over her head with blood flowing out. That's sick.

I walk into chiefs office and he has 3 folders infont of him.

"Tris I am going to transfer you to a police station. You'll work as a detective but no one will know that you worked here. Everything about you has been deleted. make it count. You can go to LA, Chicago, or India."

Did he real just say that? I don't want to transfer.

"But sir-"

"No but's you're going. Now choose."

"Fine! I'll choose.......Chicago."

"Okay good your leaving tonight now go home and tart parking clothes we'll ship the rest of the stuff. Now move it!"

"Okay. Goodbye sir."

With that I head out the door.

Tomorrow

I just landed in Chicago and it looks like Chief bought me a penthouse. I want to check out my station first thought. I jump in a cab and head over. I'm looking through my file. I'm 16 well that's true....ish. I'm a detective sent from Washington D.C. another lie.

The cab stops and I pay him and he drifts off. Thank god my stuff is getting sent to the penthouse. I walk in and nothing's really special about it. I walk in the chiefs office.

"Um hello sir I'm tris the detective sent from D.C."

"Hello Tris, call me David."

"Are you sure si-David?"

"Yes I'm not strict just as long as you get your work done."

"Here it tells me your ranked 1st in your class and you've never had an unsolved case."

"Yes David."

"Well then we are glad to have you."

A girl walks in.

"David, I heard there's a new guy in the stat-"

"Um Christina, yes there's a new detective but it's a woman."

I turn to look at her.

"Hi I'm Tris."

"Oh...sorry I didn't know. Your going to have a blast here. David can I take her?"

"Go ahead just don't cause trouble, you remember last time don't you?"

"You know a bye would work too or an okay not a lecture."

"Okay bye."

We walk out and there's a desk with my name on their. Great. I sit down and there's already a folder on my desk.

"Hey so I heard you are really really good."

"I wouldn't say that about myself."

"Oh okay so wanna go meet some people?"

"Um sure?"

"Follow me."

We walk to a group of girls and guys. there's 3 guys and 3 girls. Dating?

"Hey guys this is Tris. That transfer was a girl not a guy. She is like one of the best from D.C. So don't mess with her."

"Well if she is the best why is she here?"

"Four calm the hell down."

"Who says I have to?"

"Cheese your balls and calm your tits she could probably beat you in a second."

"You wanna test that theory?"

I barge in the conversation, "Um....I don't want to fight. I actually just want to get to work so I'll be over there, nice meeting you all even though I don't know your name."

"Tris c'mon is work all you do?"

"It's why I'm here."

"C'mon on let's go and have a beer with everyone."

"No Thanxs I think I'll just head home."

"Um okay next time?"

"Ill see."

"Kk bye."

I wave to everyone and glare at 'four' dude jerk. He glares back and with that I head back to my Penthouse and sleep.