Perfect Little Family: There's Nothing Better

Jenna's POV

Jim spent the night at the hospital with Lulu and Henry and I went home to get a few hours of sleep since it was midnight. When we went back to the hospital in the morning I brought a few a Of Lulu's birthday presents for her to open.

"Mama!" Lulu said when I came in.

"Hi Baby Girl," I kissed the top of her head and sat down next to Jim. He picked up Henry and and held him on his lap. "Do you want to open your birthday presents Lu?"

"Yeah!" She cheered.

"Okay." I handed her one of the presents and she tore open the wrapping paper.

Lulu squealed as she pulled out the pink bunny pillow pet she had wanted. "Do you like it Lulu?" Jim said smiling.

"Yeah!" She grinned.

"Here's another one," I handed her another present and she opened it up. Inside she pulled out a furreal friend pug that could beg and bark. Lulu smiled so wide.

"Thank you Mama and Daddy!" She said and handed Jim the box, "can you open it?" She asked.

"Sure sweetie." My phone started to ring and I saw the caller was Dawn.

"Hi Dawn." I answered.

"Hi Jenna. How's Lulu?" She asked.

"She's great! She just opened some birthday presents."

"Great! Well Becky and I wanted to come down and see her after we got off work."

"Well I know she'd love that."

"Okay. Great. We'll see you later! Bye!"

"Bye." I hung up the phone and and turned to Lulu, "So Lulu Auntie Dawn and Aunt Becky are going to come say hi today after work."

"Yay!" She cried.

*****

Jim didn't have many patients to see that day, so he stayed with Lulu and kept her company while I went to the diner to make a few pies, just so we had plenty to serve since pies were our specialty.

After work, Becky, Dawn, and I drove over to the hospital. We went to Lulu's room where she was playing with her stuffed animals I'd brought from home.

"Hi Lulu. You have visitors." I said coming in.

"Aunt Becky and Aunt Dawn!" She smiled.

"Hi kiddo," Becky said sitting on the bed.

"Happy birthday Lulu," Dawn said smiling.

"Yeah. Happy birthday to me!" Lulu laughed, "look what Mama and Daddy gave me." She showed then her toys and pillow pet, explaining how awesome they were.

"They are very awesome Little Lu," Becky laughed.

After a few hours Becky, Dawn, and Jim went home. I was staying with Lulu tonight.

"Goodnight Lulu. I love you," I kissed her and pulled her butterfly blanket up over her arms and turned off the light. I sat down in the chair, happy that everything had turned out alright.

*****

A few days later we were able to take Lulu home. She still had to be in a wheelchair for a while until she could walk. I pushed the chair while Jim walked next to me, holding Henry and some of Lulu's things.

"Ready to go home Lu?" I asked her.

"Yeah! I haven't been home in a trillion years!" She cried.

"A trillion?" I laughed.

"A trillion bazillion?" Jim added.

"Yeah! A trillion bazillion quadrillion years!"

We all laughed and I carefully picked Lulu up out of the wheelchair and put her in the car while Jim folded it up and set it next to her. We drove home and Lulu cheered when we were home.

"Yay! Home! I missed you!" Lulu smiled. We put Lulu on the couch and sat down together and watched one of our favorite movies. I kissed Lulu's head and Jim put his arm around me and kissed me. I snuggled close to both of them with Henry on Jim's lap and Sookie jumped up and laid her head on Lulu's lap. We were a perfect family and nothing could be better than just being all together.

*****

So guys! I decided that I'm ending here! I will have a sequel called, Baking Can't Fix Everything, which will be told from Lulu's point of view when she's older. And just thank you all so much for reading this! I don't think I could have gotten better readers! You guys are the best! And it would mean so much if you read the sequel when I publish it. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!

Love, leah_ann ❤️