A Letter

Jenna's POV

I had woken up late, so that led to Lulu waking up late. I hadn't finished all my morning rituals because we were in a hurry.

After I dropped Lulu at school I went back home. I grabbed the mail and went inside. I continued getting ready.

Then I scanned through the mail. Most of it wasn't important. Then something caught my eye. The sender read, "Johnson and Daniels Law Office."

I ripped the envelope and read the letter.

"Oh my..." I breathed. My heart skipped a beat and dropped.

I shoved the letter in my purse and quickly drove to the diner.

******

I ran into the diner in a huff. "Becky. Dawn. We need to talk." I said quickly.

"What is it?" Dawn asked nervously.

"Let's go in the bathroom," I added.

We went into the  bathroom and gave them the letter. They both started reading.

Then suddenly their eyes got wide and Becky said, "Oh my God..."

"He wants custody of Lulu," Dawn murmured.

"Yeah." I croaked.

Silence.

Then I broke, "I- I- I don't know what I'm going to do. What's if she's taking away from me. I don't know what to do," I cried.

My friends put their arms around me and hugged me.

"Jenna. It'll be alright," reassured Dawn.

"There's no way the trash bag, Earl, will win custody," Becky uttered.

I smiled slightly because Earl was a "trash bag."

"Also, your the mother. And everyone favors the mother," Dawn added.

Becky said, "Yeah. That's true."

"Thanks guys," I smiled, "I guess I'd better call my lawyer."

"You ain't gettin' paid to sit around and braid each other's hair!" Cal yelled.

"Can it Cal!!" Becky spat back and I laughed.

"Thanks guys. I gotta go bake some pies," I said.

******

When I got home I decided to call my lawyer, Ashley Zepper. She was my lawyer when Earl and I were getting our divorce.

I dialed her number and waited for an answer.

"Ashley Zebber," she answered.

"Hi. This is Jenna Colman. You were my lawyer during my divorce about 5 years ago," I said.

"Oh yeah! Jenna," she replied, "what's up?"

"Well.. my ex-husband, Earl, is running for custody of Lulu, my daughter."

"Well. We aren't going to let that happen now are we?"

"Thank you!"

"Anytime," Ashley smiled, "So when is the court date?"

Yay! Another chapter! Sorry if this chapter was boring. And sorry if this chapter is kind of short. But I really hoped you guys enjoyed it anyway! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!!

Love, leah_ann ❤️