A Maybe Lazy Day

Jenna's POV (sorry if it's annoying that I say this every time. I just don't want you to be confused.)

I woke up feeling horrible. My throat was in fire, my head was pounding, my nose was completely stuffed, my eyes itched, and I felt completely weak and exhausted.

There's no way I can go to work today, I thought. I dragged myself out of bed to wake up Lulu.

"Lulu," I said as I woke her up, "it's time for school."

She got up and hopped out of bed and started to get ready for school. I went and made her breakfast and then we left.

"Hi Lulu!" Emma said when we arrived at school.

"Jenna. You don't look very good. Are you feeling alright?" Jim said when I saw him.

"No. I'm not. I'm sick." I sputtered in between coughs, "I just had to drop Lulu off."

"Oh well, you go get some rest."

"Yeah."

"Bye," he waved goodbye and I waved back.

~~~~~~~~~

When I got home I realized I needed to tell my friend's that I wasn't going into work today. I grabbed my phone and called Becky.

"Hello?" Becky answered.

"Hi Becky. It's Jenna," I responded.

"Hey girl! Where are you?"

"Well, I won't be at work today, I'm sick."

"Jenna. Well Dawn and I send our love. Get well darlin'!"

"Thanks girls. Bye." I said and hung up the phone. I accidentally fell asleep on the couch, but awoke up to my phone buzzing next to me. I checked the clock which read, 12:36 pm. I grabbed my phone and and answered it, "hello?""

"Hi. This is Ashley, Lulu's teacher. She's sick."

"Oh alright! I'll be right there." I lazily pulled my tired body off the couch and got into my car.

At the school, Lulu was waiting in the office. Her face was pale and she definitely looked sick. I signed her out she looked at me with big eyes.

"Mama." She sighed happily.

"Hi baby." I picked her up and she rested her head on my shoulders. "We're going to go home and we can rest the couch together because I'm not feeling good either."

"Okay." Lulu said and smiled. Almost instantly she fell asleep. I felt bad for her, I hated to see my little Lulu sick. She was so helpless.

When we got home I scooped the sleepy five year old up and carried her into the house. She started to stir and murmur and I whispered, "it's alright. We're home. You can go back to sleep."

I sat Lulu on the couch, but she didn't go back to sleep. She started to cry because she really didn't feel good and it broke my heart. I held her in my arms and snuggled up with me. I loved it and she stopped crying.

"Lulu. I love you little girl." I said.

"I love you too Mama," she said. I got up and grabbed the thermometer. I put in Lulu's little mouth. I looked at the temperature on it which was, 101 degrees. I decided that I wouldn't call the doctor yet, but I would definitely keep my eye on it.

"Mommy. My tummy hurts." Lulu wined.

"Aw sweetie come here." I scooped her up and sat her next to me. I grabbed a blanket and wrapped us both in it. Lulu soon was asleep. I didn't want to wake her up or move her because she looked so comfortable.

                          ~~~~~~~

"Mama," Lulu said when she woke up, " I feel sick."

I instantly got her off the couch. I knew what 'I feel sick' meant. If meant that she was going to throw up. I tried to rush her to the bathroom, but we didn't even make it two steps before Lulu projectile vomited all over the floor. I took Lulu tot he bathroom, to clean her up. I opened the toilet lid just in case.

After I got Lulu into clean clothes and cleaned up the vomit from the carpet. I sat Lulu on the couch and took her temperature. I gasped. It was 103 degrees. I flew off the couch rushing to get the car keys.

Suddenly I heard a thump. I jerked around and saw Lulu on the ground.

"Lulu!!" I screamed. I scooped her in my arms and ran to the door. I opened it and there in the doorway was Becky and Dawn.

"Oh my God! What happened?!" Becky exclaimed.

"Long story. I'll explain later. We're going to the hospital." I rushed.

"We'll meet you there!" Dawn yelled.

I got into the car and sped to the hospital. I pulled into the Emergency Room and took Lulu in. Thankfully she had woken up, but she still had a 103 degree temperature. I ran through the door and went up to the front desk.

"My daughter was projectile vomiting, and has a high fever and then she fainted," I explained.

"Okay. Please take a seat and we'll let you know when we're ready."

I sighed and took a seat. I hated seeing Lulu so weak and miserable.

"Jenna!" Becky said when she and Dawn came into the room.

"What happened?" Dawn asked.

I drew a shaky breath and told them the story. "I just want her to be okay." I whispered.

"Oh Jenna. She's going to be okay. It's just a fever." Becky said. Both of my friends hugged my and I smiled.

"Jenna Colman." The nurse called.

I got up, holding Lulu on my arms and went back. Dr. Grant took Lulu's temperature, asked me questions, and did a few other things.

"Well. She's alright. Nothing's wrong with her. Just kind of severe dehydration. Just drink fluids, especially water. And don't do really anything until the fever has gone down."

"Okay. Thank you so much!" I breathed a sigh of relief.

I left the office, still holding Lulu and told Dawn and Becky that everything was okay. We all headed back to our house to rest and hangout.

Yay!! Another long chapter! This chapter made me happy because even though Jenna wasn't feeling well, she still was being an amazing mom to Lulu. 😊 Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!!

Love, leah_ann ❤️