Lulu Marie Pomatter

Jenna's POV

In early February, Lulu officially became Lulu Marie Pomatter. On the big day, I got Lulu up and dressed into her new white dress that had black circles on it and a big pink bow. Jim was going straight from work to the courthouse and meeting us there.

"I look like a princess!" Lulu said twirling around as the tule on the dress puffed out around her.

"Yes you do Lu!" I scooped her up and kissed her cheek. "Are you excited?"

"Yeah!" She cheered, even though she didn't fully understand what was about to happen.

"We're goin' to make an extra special pie when we get home, Okay?"

"Okay!" I smiled and got Henry dressed in his little tuxedo while Lulu played in her room. I had gotten dressed earlier and was wearing just a simple, nice, floral dress and a sweater.

"Come on Lulu. Let's go!" I called and Lulu bounced down he stairs a smile wider than Texas on her face.

*****

At the courthouse we waited a couple minutes for Jim, then he arrived. Her got out of his car and then proceeded to accidentally trip in the curb. I laughed and thought, "what a weirdo."

"There's my beautiful wife and adorable son and daughter!" He said hugging us.

I smiled and said, "Ready to go in?"

"Ready as I'll ever be!"

"Alright let's go." Lulu grabbed both of our hands as we walked into the big, silent building.

"Okay. Just sign here. And here." The judge directed us when we were almost finished.

Jim signed twice on the two pages, and I signed as well. "Congratulations. You are now the parent of Lulu Marie Pomatter," said the judge.

"Thank you," Jim said and we both shook his hand and left the room. Jim spun Lulu around and picked her up in his arms.

"Daddy!" Lulu kissed him cheek and I smiled so wide; hugging both of them.

*****

After the ceremony, we drove back to the diner for a party. "There's the girl of the hour. Hi cutie!" Dawn said to Lulu.

"Hi Auntie Dawn!" She exclaimed.

"Hi little girl," Becky said towards Lulu.

"Hi Auntie Becky," Lulu giggled as her "aunts" chased her and tickled her.

"Alright. Now for the pie," I exclaimed and went to the kitchen, bringing out several new pies which were called, "Lulu's a Pomatter! pies." In them was a layer of chocolate hardened on the crust with lemon, lime, and strawberry cream mixed, with whipped cream of course.

"Those look amazing, as do all your pies Jenna." Dawn said.

"Thank you Dawn," I blushed, "Here do you want to take these over to the table?" I said handing her two pies.

"Sure."

"Mama!" Lulu ran over to me being cute and jumped into my arms.

"Hi baby girl! Want some special pie?"

"Yeah!" She cheered.

I cut the pie into slices and we all enjoyed each other's company. This was my family. All these people, Jim, Lulu, Henry, Dawn and Ogie and their kids, Becky, Cal, and all our regular customers at our little pie shop. This was my diner family, and they made me happy as could be.

*****

Awwww! I think this chapter was cute! What about you? I hope you guys liked it! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me! Thanks for reading!

Love, leah_ann ❤️