It's a Boy? It's a Girl?

Jenna's POV

We'd lived in our house for about a week and I loved it. Lulu's room was so cute. It has a yellow wall with butterfly decals on it. Then her bed and her toys were all organized and looked really cute. Lulu and Sookie both loved the backyard and they played in it all the time. My favorite part was the kitchen. There was an amazing oven and a great amount of counter space for making pies.

Also, today was my first doctor's appointment. My baby bump had started to show really slightly that only Jim and I noticed it.

"Jim. I know you're a gynecologist and an awesome one too, but can you not be mine?" I asked, "I just want you to be the husband that goes to some appointments and gets excited seeing the ultrasound. And is right at my side and holding my hand during labor, something I never had."

"Of course!" Jim hugged me and smiled.

"This is so exciting!" I said, "now I'm one of those Mama's all excited about their new baby."

"So, I know the awesome doctors from my office. There's Lindsey Welsh and Brent Crawford."

"Well who's better?"

"Probably Lindsey or Dr. Welsh."

"Then she's the one!" I said.

"Great. Ready for the appointment?"

"Yes. I want to know if Lulu's having a baby brother or sister."

After Lulu's babysitter, Sarah, arrived we went to our appointment. At the office we sat and waited for a while. Jim put out his hand and squeezed mine gently. I squeezed back and smiled at him.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Welsh," Dr. Welsh said and stuck her hand out when we went back, "I know you Jim. What a coincidence."

"Yes. That is true."

"Alright so we're going to do and ultrasound today and did you guys want to know the sex of your baby today?" She asked.

"Yes we did," I said.

"Alright now this might be a little cold," Dr. Welsh said as she applied the ultrasound gel. Then soon the screen showed a little baby. Jim kissed my head and I smiled happily. "Well your baby is perfectly healthy and it is a boy! Congratulations."

A boy! Lulu was going to have a little brother! Jim and I were going to have a son! I was so happy. "It's a boy!" I said to Jim.

"It's a boy." He said back, obviously very happy.

While we were driving home I said, "now. What about names?"

"Gosh. I don't know."

"Me neither. We're having a boy!" I said again.

"Yes we are. A perfect baby boy."

"Mama! Daddy!" Lulu said when we got home.

"Hi baby! Did you have fun!" I asked.

"Yeah!"

"Well that's good," Jim said as Lulu danced around our legs. We paid Sarah then I scooped Lulu onto my lap and snuggled onto the couch as a family.

"Lulu guess what?" I said to the adorable six year old, "you're going to have a little brother!"

"Really?! Yay!" Lulu grinned from ear to ear and bounced around.

"Well I think she's happy," said Jim laughing.

"Yeah," I said as I laughed as well, "she sure is.

*****

Everyday I felt like I was getting bigger and bigger. Then before we knew I was twenty-six weeks pregnant, or six months. I felt like the months had zoomed by, but I also was always remembering that I still had three more months to go. On a Sunday afternoon we were on the couch lying down and trying to discuss names.

"How about Mason?" Jim suggested.

"Mm... I don't know..." I responded, "how about Cooper?"

"That's cute."

"What about David or James?"

"Well I like David. How about Andrew?"

"No. It's just okay. Henry?"

"Henry." I sighed, "yes. Henry is perfect. That's the perfect name!" I cheered.

"Henry Matthew Pomatter."

"Yes. Henry Matthew Pomatter. It's perfect."

"Yes it is."

Lulu came over and later on the couch next to me. "Hello baby. I'm Lulu. Your biggest and bestest sister ever. I love you baby," she said talking to the unborn baby.

I put my hand on my stomach and felt a kick, "Lulu. Put your hand right here." I placed her hand where he was kicking. "Do you feel that?" Lulu nodded, "that's your brother. He's saying hi."

"Hi Henry." Lulu said and I smiled. I was the happiest woman ever with the best husband's daughter, soon to be son, and dog.

*****

This is cute I thought! This story is always cute at least recently! And I just wanted to really thank all my readers who vote and comment and love this story so much! You guys are so awesome! Thank you! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!

Love, leah_ann ❤️

Ps. Do you want more chapters with Henry not born or do you want him to be born soon? Let me know!