I Do

Jenna's POV

I took in a shaky breath as I looked in the mirror. My hair was up in an elegant bun with petite flowers in it. I hadn't put my dress on yet, and I was beginning to have an overwhelming flow of emotions. I was extremely happy and freaking out at the same time. I didn't know why I was nervous Jim was the one. I knew that. Everyone knew that. Yet my heart still pounded and my hands trembled. I slid my white dress on and Dawn zipped it up as I admired my dress in the mirror.

Married. I'm getting married today. I thought. I was so happy and ready.

"Jenna," Becky said as she came into the room, "it's time hon."

I took a deep breath and smiled widely, "I'm ready. Let's go." We walked out into the hallway outside by doors of the church and got into our order, Lulu, then Becky and Dawn. Then me. I stepped into the church aisle and everyone rose to their feet. Down by the alter stood Jim. He had on a handsome tuxedo and looked perfect. I smiled and tried to blink away my tears of joy so they wouldn't blur my vision.

The music and I stepped down the aisle as everyone stared at me.

If only you were here Mama. I thought. I missed my mom everyday. She was the one that taught me how to bake pies and give them interesting names and tastes. I felt Jim grab my hands and I looked into his eyes.

The minister turned to me and said, "Do you, Jenna, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do you part."

I smiled so widely I was almost laughing with happiness, "I do!"

Then to Jim he said, "Do you, Jim, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do you part."

"Of course I do!" He exclaimed. I laughed.

"Does anyone wish that these two not be married speak now or forever hold your peace."

I held my breath and prayed no one objected, which no one did. "You may now kiss the bride," the minister said.

Jim pulled me into a long kiss and I felt the tears pooling into my eyes. Everyone cheered and clapped. I was so happy and emotional.

"Mama!" Lulu grabbed my hand as we went out of the church. She looked so adorable in her rose gold and navy blue dress.

We all got into our cars and drove to the diner for the reception. There wasn't a place I'd rather have it or that was that special to me.

*****

At the diner we all celebrated and enjoyed each other's company. I was flying and I felt like the happiest woman on earth.

"Congratulations to you both," Ogie and Dawn said to us.

"Thank you guys," I smiled.

"Now. It's time for Becky and mine's toast!" Dawn said as she ran off.

"Attention." Becky called, "its time for the toast by the maids of honor and best man. Jenna we want to start by saying we love you. We've seen everything you've been through."

"From the day we all started worked together we became awesome friends," Dawn added, "were always here for you Jenna. We love you till the very end."

"Cause this ain't no affair cause we're in this till death do us part. And we wish you and Jim the best of wishes or whatever the hell you say after you're married."

"We'll just say congratulations," Dawn decided.

"That works. Congratulations Jenna and Jim!" Becky and Dawn said together.

I smiled brightly as tears slowly rolled down my cheeks.

"Thank you guys so much," I said hugging my best friends.

*****

Later, after most of the guests had left we were cleaning up. It was late and everyone was tired. I looked around for Lulu, but didn't see her.

"Hey where's Lulu?" I asked.

"I don't know. She's here. She'd never run away," Dawn said.

I skimmed around the diner when something caught my eye in one of the booths. I walked over to it and saw Lulu asleep on the seat.

"Well someone's sleepy," I scooped her up and Jim and I walked out to our car. After strapping the sleeping 6 year old into the car, we drove home to our tiny little home. I was so happy to be married happily. I loved Jim so much and he loved me I knew.

"I love you Honey," Jim said kissing me when we were in bed that night.

"I love you too," I smiled, kissing him back.

*****

Eeeeep!!!! Cuteness overload rn!!! I think this is the cutest thing EVER!!!! Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!!!!!

Love, leah_ann ❤️