Christmas

Jenna's POV

"Mama! Daddy!" Lulu jumped on top off me and Jim on Christmas morning, waking us up. Five months passed and it was Christmas Day.

"Hi baby girl." I scooped Lulu into my arm as and pulled her under the covers.

"Let's get up!" She jumped around.

"Silly Goose." Jim laughed and tickled her.

Lulu laughed and flopped around. "Ready for some pie and presents Lu?" I asked. Our tradition on Christmas since I was a little girl was having pie for breakfast.

"Yeah!" She exclaimed excitedly and jumped off the bed.

"Alright. Lets go." We all got up and went downstairs, still in our pajamas. The pie we made had apples, cinnamon, and lots of other yummy seasonal things. "Christmas 2016 Pie." I said.

We ate breakfast then Lulu quickly ran over to the Christmas tree, ready to open presents. Sookie ran over and rolled over on Lulu's lap. Lulu giggled and pet her. The Henry started to cry and I went up and grabbed him and took him downstairs.

"Mama. Daddy." Lulu said.

"We're coming Lu," Jim said and we both sat down on the couch.

"Can I open them?" Lulu bounced with anticipation.

"Yeah!"

"Yay!" Lulu grabbed and ripped of the packaging. Then she screamed, very excited.

"What'd Santa bring Lulu?" I asked, although I knew what it was.

"Princess Barbies!!!!" She yelled. She showed us a box that had all the Disney princesses as Barbie dolls. Jim quickly pulled his phone out and took a picture of Lulu's big smile.

"Are you happy Lu?" I laughed.

"Yeah!" She said, "thank you Santa!" She was already so polite and grateful for a six year old.

"Well here one for Mama and Lulu from Daddy." Jim said grabbing a small box.

"Okay." Lulu sat next to me and I pulled the paper off. Inside was a sheet of paper. I read it and smiled widely, "no way! Ready?! You're the best!"

"What is it Mama?" Lulu asked me, her big blue eyes staring at me.

"Well Lulu we're going to go to Disneyland. Disneyland is a n awesome place full of fun rides and Minnie and Mickey Mouse are there and all the princesses are there too." I explained.

"Really?" Her eyes grew wider, "Yay!" She squealed.

"Thank you!" I kissed Jim and he hugged me. Henry babbled and I picked him up and held him on my lap. Jim picked up Lulu and put her onto his lap. Sookie put her paws on the couch and panted, staring right at us with puppy eyes.

"can I open another one?" asked Lulu.

"Of course," Lulu went back over to the tree and opened her other presents.

"Mama. Daddy. This present is for you." Lulu handed us a little bag that was colored on with markers and full tissue paper inside.

I smiled and pulled out the tissue. Wrapped in it was a little angle. Lulu's handprints were the angel's wongs and her kindergarten picture was the face. Written underneath the angel was: I love you Mama and Daddy!

"Thank you Lulu." Jim smiled and kissed Lulu's check.

"Thank you baby." I kissed her too and she giggled.

*****

A few hours later we were all getting ready to go to dinner at Jim's parents, Julie and Aaron's, house. His sister, Molly, was also going to be there along with her husband and kids. I had met her briefly at the wedding, but not her husband or kids.

"Lulu let's go sweetie." I urged Lulu who was distracted by her Barbies.

"Okay," Lulu grabbed the Rapunzel doll and skipped downstairs.

When we pulled into the driveway, everyone was outside. "Hi guys!" Julie said and hugged us.

"Mama? Who are they?" Lulu pointed at Molly.

"That's Daddy's little sister and her kids. They're your cousins."

"Hi. I'm Molly we've met before. This is my husband Scott. Then this is Noah and Courtney," Molly said.

"Hi. Lulu say hi."

"Hi," Lulu said quickly.

"I'm Courtney! I'm four!" The brown haired little girl said.

"I'm Lulu. I'm six." She held up six fingers and smiled at her cousin.

"This is Noah. He's eight." Noah smiled at us.

"Well why don't you guys go play?" I said, urging Lulu to go play with Courtney.

"Okay!" Courtney grabbed Lulu's hand and pulled her into the house.

"Well why don't we all go inside." Julie suggested and we all headed into the house. "Oh my goodness Henry's getting so big!"

"Yeah. He's five months." Jim scooped him up and held him, "do you want to hold him Mom?"

"You know it!" She took Henry and held him. Janet babbled and laughed happily.

"Well it's nice to meet you Jenna. Sorry I couldn't get to the wedding," Scott said as he introduced himself.

"Oh that's alright. Nice you meet you too."

"Is that one of your famous pies Jenna?" Julie asked.

"Yeah. This is the naughty pumpkin pie."

"Well I'm sure it's delicious."

"Thanks."

"The ham's ready!" Aaron announced from the kitchen.

"Okay! Let's eat!" Jim said.

"I'll go get the kids." Molly went into a bedroom and got Noah, Courtney, and Lulu, then we all sat down for a delicious Christmas dinner.

"Oh my goodness this pie is amazing." Scott said during dessert.

"See? Her pies are mouth watering." Jim smiled.

"Yeah. This is the best pie in ever had."

"Scott's a sucker for a good pie." Molly laughed.

"Well thank you. I added cinnamon to give it spice," I mentioned.

"Well it definitely is amazing." Aaron also said.

"It sure is," said Julie.

"Thank you," I blushed.

After dessert, Lulu, Henry, Jim and I all left and headed home. Henry had fallen asleep and on our was home I asked Lulu, "Lulu do you like your cousins?" There was no answer. I turned around and saw Lulu sound asleep in her car seat.

"Well someone's sleepy," I smiled.

At home, Jim scooped Lulu up and carried her in while I held Henry. Lulu stirred, but Jim whispered to her, "shh. Go back to sleep Sleepyhead." Lulu obeyed and put her head on his shoulder. Today was the best Christmas ever. I had the perfect husband, daughter, son, and dog.

*****

This is cuteeee! Henry's first Christmas and their first Christmas as a family. I hope you guys liked it! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me! Thanks for reading!

Love, leah_ann ❤️