Wedding Planning

Jenna's POV

"What flowers do you like better?" I asked, holding up two pictures of bouquets.

"The yellow I think," Jim replied. We were looking through lots of things for our perfect wedding.

I pouted a little and said, "but do you like the pink?" I asked.

"Whatever you like, I like." He leaned over and kissed me.

"You're the best." I smiled, "all right. So we have pink flowers, then..."

"Mama!!" Lulu raced into the living room with tears in her eyes and her pink bunny in her hands.

"Lulu! What happened Sweetie?!" I asked and scooped her onto my lap.

"Rainbow. She has a hole!" She cried, referring to her stuffed bunny.

"Shh shh shh. It's okay baby," I stroked her soft hair, "I can sew it Sweetie. It's okay."

"Really? You can fix it?" She wiped her eyes.

"Yes. I can." I gave her a kiss on her cheek, "just go out Rainbow by my bed okay?"

"Okay!" Lulu hopped of my lap and ran to my bedroom.

"You're the best mother," Jim said as he watched me and Lulu.

"Thank you. I love you. I'm so happy," I said.

"Me too." I leaned into kiss him again, still so happy I was getting married.

*****

A few weeks later we were going to the bridal shop to try on wedding dresses. I was so excited to finally get a real wedding. Earl had rushed me to get married when we were young and we ended up eloping, which I didn't really want to do.

I was at the shop with Dawn, Becky, and Lulu. Dawn and Becky would both be my maids of honor, because I loved them both to death, and Lulu would be my flower girl, obviously, I decided.

"Mama can I have a pink dress? With sparkles, and polka dots, and more sparkles!" Lulu said dancing around and singing.

"We'll see," I laughed.

"Yay!" Lulu cheered.

"Oh. This navy is pretty," Dawn pulled a full length, beautiful, navy blue dress.

"That is pretty," I said admiring the dress.

"Ready to try some on ladies?" Our assistant, Kayla, who was helping us said.

"Yes. We like this one," I held up the dress.

"Alright, let's get going." She took the dress and went to get other sizes.

When she came back, she had bridesmaids dresses for Becky and Dawn, flower girl dresses for Lulu, and some wedding dresses for me.

"Here we go. Let's start with the wedding dresses," Kayla said. She hung the dresses in a dressing room and I went in.

The first dress was strapless and had a lace top section and a blush colored belt. "I don't know," I said looking at the dress.

"That's not it." Becky nodded her head.

"I agree," Dawn added.

I tried on three more dresses. One was covered in lace and the second one had ruffles and was strapless. The last one I tried on had a square neckline with sleeves and a small jewel in the center.

"Jenna. You look beautiful," Dawn said.

"Yeah ya do hon," Becky said.

I turned and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was stunned. I gasped and smiled widely at my beautiful self in the perfect wedding dress.