A New Edition to the Family

Jenna's POV

Three months flew by and I couldn't believe that I was nine months pregnant. I had stayed home and rested, sort of on my maternity leave, a few occasional days, but today I was going to work. My due date was in two days, but I didn't care.

"Honey you shouldn't go to work. You don't want to induce labor accidentally," Jim scolded me.

"I'll be fine. I promise," I kissed him as I got out of the car at the diner. He dropped Lulu of at school, myself at the diner and now he was off to work.

"Jenna should you really be on your feet?" Becky said when I walked into the diner.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I said, "I'll be alright." I went back to the kitchen and began baking the pies.
Lulu's Lemon Merengue. Mermaid Marshmallow Pie. Naughty Pumpkin Pie. Pineapple Upside Down Pie. Then the new pie for today, "Family of Four Pie," with peaches, brown sugar, and sprinkled powdered sugar on top.

"Ohh these look amazing!" Dawn said admiring the fresh pies.

"Thanks Dawn," I said then was hit with a large pain in my stomach.

Becky exclaimed, "Jenna! Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." I went back into the kitchen and sat down for a minute.

I'm not in labor. I'm not in labor. I'm not. I tried telling myself just as I had another contraction. "Becky- Dawn-" I said.

They ran into the kitchen and Dawn exclaimed, "oh my gosh! You need to get to the hospital."

"Come on. Let's go," Becky helped me up and and we all got into Dawn's car.

I breathed through the pain and tried to focus on the fact that we'd be at the hospital soon. "Wow. This baby is coming. Today." I realized.

"Yep! You're going to be a Mama again!" Dawn giggled.

"Yeah." I breathed.

"Lulu's goin' to have a little brother," Becky added.

"Yeah. Two perfect kids." Soon we were at the hospital, "what about Jim? Where is he?"

"We'll ask. It's alright." Dawn said reassuringly.

Soon after I was in my hospital room, Jim came in. "I was paged here." He said then realized that it was me, "Jenna! It's time. Oh my gosh." He panicked.

"It fine. I'm all good." I had another contraction and screamed in pain.

"It's okay. I'm here," he said, "I can get someone to cover for me. I'm not leaving."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The next contractions I had began getting longer and closer together, but Jim was by and side as I squeezed the life out of his hands.

"Alright. He's crowing. One last push," announced Dr. Welsh.

"Here you go. Squeeze as tight as you want." Jim stuck out his hand, which I took as I pushed on last time. Then the room erupted with cheers and the cry of our newborn son.

"He's perfect already." Jim said and kissed my sweaty forehead.

After a few minutes, the nurse brought Henry out and placed him in my arms. "Hi Henry. I'm your Mama." I smiled at the tiny infant, "this is Daddy." I passed him to Jim who gently help his son.

"Hi Henry. Hi. Welcome to the family," he said.

Looking at Henry I was overwhelmed with love and joy. I cried and smiled at my husband and son. I just needed Lulu there.

"Honey what about Lulu?" I asked.

Jim quickly looked at his watch then said, "okay. I'll go pick her up right now."

"Thank you!" He handed me Henry and I help him and stared at his perfect little face, taking in the baby scent. "You're perfect Henry Mathew Pomatter. Absolutely perfect."

I held him for a long time as I rested my eyes. Then Becky and Dawn came in. "Knock knock." Dawn knocked.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Where's the man of the hour?" Becky said.

"Here he is. This is Henry." I passed the baby to Becky and then Dawn.

"He's beautiful Jenna." Dawn said.

"You did good hon," Becky said.

"Thanks girls."

"He'll be one happy kid with you and Jim as parents and Lulu as a big sister," decided Dawn.

"And you to as his Godmamas." I interjected.

"Mama!" Lulu ran into the room and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Hi Lulu. Want to meet your brother?" I asked.

"Yeah!"

"Okay. Lulu this is Henry. Henry this is Lulu."

"Hi Henry. I'm your big sister. I love you." Lulu said to Henry.

"Do you what to hold him sweetie?" Jim asked and nodded her head.

"Daddy's going to help you." I handed him the baby who sat by Lulu and held her arms as she held her little brother.

"I love him." Lulu said, "can I take him for show and tell in school Mama?"

I chuckled, "well you can bring pictures in. Maybe not the baby nor quite yet." I smiled.

"Okay. I'm tired." Lulu said as Jim grabbed Henry and put him in his hospital crib.

"Well in not in to long your dn Daddy will go home and eat some dinner then go to sleep."

"What about you Mama?"

"Henry and I ware going to stay here for a few days while the doctors make us feel good before we get to go home. That's the rules."

"Okay. I love you Mama."

"I love you too Little Lu."

"I love you too Daddy," Lulu hugged us both.

"I love you too Lulu." He smiled.

My family was perfect. I wan happily married and had the two cutest children ever, Lulu and Henry.

*****

Yay! New chapter! I love this chapter! I think that it's so cute! Do you agree?! I hope you like it. Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me! Thanks for reading! Byeeee!

Love, leah_ann ❤️

Lulu's Strawberry Dream | Waitress the Musical Fanfiction On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara